Broaden your selection: Category/Game
- Abuse is a 2D side-scrolling shoot-'em-up action/puzzle game.
- A shooting game similar to the arcade games "Space Invaders" and "Galaxian," originally created for the Agenda VR3 GNU/Linux-based handheld PDA.
- antimicro is a graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad. This program is useful for playing PC games using a gamepad that do not have any form of built-in gamepad support. However, you can use this program to control any desktop application with a gamepad; on GNU/Linux, this means that your system has to be running an X environment in order to run this program.
- Battle Just Started
- Battle Just Started is 3D arcade tank battle game. Rendering is done using OpenGL, and direct rendering is recommended. The game is focused on multiplayer over LAN. An AI is also present, but is not very strong. World simulation is done via ODE, and sound is done using OpenAL and SDL_mixer. The game has currently 3 maps, 5 tanks, and 4 weapons.
- A conversion of an Amiga first person shooter. Some say it's a Doom clone, but some argue that it's a Wolf 3D clone. In this single player game you will have to fight many enemies and solve many riddles in order to find a bomb and blow up the Citadel.
- A clone of the Williams arcade game "Defender." Fly your ship across the landscape, shooting aliens. Some aliens try to kidnap the "penguinoids" walking across the ground, to mutate them into evil aliens
- Doomsday Engine
- Doomsday Engine aims to retain the original feel of the games yet leverage modern techniques and technologies, including hardware accelerated 3D graphics and client/server networking.
A lot of emphasis is placed on good-looking graphics.
- Dope Wars
- dopewars is a rewrite of a game originally based on "Drug Wars" by John E. Dell. The idea of dopewars is to deal in drugs on the streets of New York, amassing a huge fortune and paying off the loan shark, while avoiding the ever-annoying police. As well as featuring a so-called "antique" mode which closely follows the original, introduces new features such as the ability to take part in multi-player games. dopewars aims to be highly configurable, and what you can't change in the configuration files you can change by poking around in the source, which is freely available under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
- Enemy Territory: Legacy (game engine)
- Enemy Territory: Legacy is a semi-realistic, medium-paced first person shooter in a World War 2 setting, based on the Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory source code release in 2010, with many improvements and fixes committed since then. It focues on teamwork and is played on large, open maps.
5 classes are available: Soldier, Medic, Engineer, Field Ops and Covert Ops, each one with their specific weapons and abilities.
It's compatible with Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory servers.
Non free assets for this game are available under a EULA and are completely separate to the game engine which is under GPLv3. The proprietary assets may optionally be installed.
There is a known security issue concerning this game inherited from the idtech3 engine that could result in arbitary code execution when downloading mods from servers.
- Freedoom is a project to create a complete, free Doom IWAD file.
Combined with the GPL Doom source code, it will create a completely free Doom-based game.