Broaden your selection: Category/Game
- a2b is an abstract train game where you guide trains to their destination without letting them collide with each other. Each game is played on a set of tracks on which trains run at regular intervals. You pick a train and accelerate, brake, or stop as necessary to safely guide it to its destination. Since trains are continously being launched, more than 1 train will want to use the same section of a track, potentially leading to a collision. You must resolve this by making a train wait while you rush another train. As a last resort, you can send a train back to its base.
- ATC-pie is an air traffic control simulation program for solo training sessions or multi-player games connected to the FlightGear MP network. It is essentially designed for realism, and simulates many features of real-life ATC tasks such as strip rack and sequence management, handovers to/from neighbouring controllers, transponder identification, flight plan filing, ATIS recording.
- GNU ACM is a distributed aerial combat simulator that runs on the X Windows System. Players engage in air to air combat against one another using heat seeking missiles and cannons. The program has support for 16, 24, and 32 bit graphics cards.
- AirTraffic is a game that puts you into an air traffic controller's hotseat. Planes come into your airspace from various directions; you guide them safely to their final destinations. While not yet complete, the program is under active development; it currently consists of various server programs and a GTK/Gnome client. The client uses GTK/Gnome as its UI. The author welcomes contributions from UI designers and coders as well as individuals with air traffic experience.
- antimicro is a graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad. This program is useful for playing PC games using a gamepad that do not have any form of built-in gamepad support. However, you can use this program to control any desktop application with a gamepad; on GNU/Linux, this means that your system has to be running an X environment in order to run this program.
- Avaneya: Viking Lander Remastered DVD
- Whether you are a fan of science fiction, a space–science enthusiast, hobbyist, photographer, gamer or a patron of grass–roots libre arts and technology, you are sure to find the first successful images from the surface of Mars highly captivating. These mind blowing images were taken by NASA's Viking landers during the highly ambitious, billion–dollar mission first launched in 1975. However, many images were nearly lost to history due to magnetic tape deterioration and archaic proprietary technology.
With NASA's blessing, our team developed the technology to recover many of these images. This research tool was part of the design phase of our parent project, Avaneya — our upcoming libre cerebral science fiction game for the GNU operating system set on Mars, described in the words of Richard Stallman as an exciting, pioneering project.
Originally an internal research tool, overwhelming public interest compelled us to release the technology on this DVD for all. Now everyone can relive the original breathtaking experience that captured the world's attention and marked the first successful moment in history that humanity saw Mars — not as a distant, impersonal, celestial body, beheld through a telescope for centuries, but as a tangible and alien world well within its reach.
- 'bitlife' implements Conway's Game of Life using boolean logic operations (and, or, not, xor). It does so by blits, thus running a Life game in every bitplane in parallel. Two implementations are available: a proof-of-concept one in Python and a useful one in C.
- Civil is a cross-platform, turnbased, networked strategy game that allows players to take part in scenarios set during the American Civil war. It simulates battles on a company level (roughly 100 men).
- Dynpet is a game that is similar to the Tamagotchi. It is a game in which you take care of a pet.
- Empire is a strategy wargame played by a number of people (usually between 4 and 100) on the internet connected to an Empire Server. It combines strategy, tactics as well as economics and diplomacy.