Broaden your selection: Category/Game
- Chomp is an game for two players, played on an (unsually imaginary) chocolate bar ruled into an array of squares. One corner square is poison, the others are not; this is why the chocolate bar is usually imaginary. Players take turns chosing one existing square and removing it and all others positioned away from the poision in the form of a rectangular "chomp" of the tasty chocolate. The player who must chomp the poison loses the game.
Chocoholic is a program to compute the game-theoretic values of positons in the game. Since the game can begin with any size of bar, a size must be chosen.
- Curse of War
- Curse of War is a fast-paced action strategy game for GNU/Linux implemented using
C and ncurses. Since version 1.2.0, there is also an SDL version.
Unlike most RTS, you are not controlling units, but focus on high-level strategic planning: Building infrastructure, securing resources, and moving your armies.
The core game mechanics turns out to be quite close to WWI-WWII type of warfare, however, there is no explicit reference to any historical period.
- Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup
- Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup is a free roguelike game of exploration and treasure-hunting in dungeons filled with dangerous and unfriendly monsters in a quest for the mystifyingly fabulous Orb of Zot.
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup has diverse species and many different character backgrounds to choose from, deep tactical game-play, sophisticated magic, religion and skill systems, and a grand variety of monsters to fight and run from, making each game unique and challenging.
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup can be played offline, or online on a public telnet/ssh server thanks to the good folks at crawl.akrasiac.org (CAO) and crawl.develz.org (CDO). These public servers allow you to meet other players’ ghosts, watch other people playing, and, in general, have a blast!
- The objective of this classic game is to discard all of one's cards before the opponent does, by matching the value or color of the top discard (or playing a wild card).
- Liquid War 6 is a unique multiplayer wargame. Your army is a blob of liquid and you have to try to eat your opponents. Rules are very simple yet original; they have been invented by Thomas Colcombet. It's possible to play alone against the computer but the game is really designed to be played with friends, on a single computer, on a LAN, or over the Internet. (Network play is still under active development.)
- A turn-based strategy game where up to 8 players strive for control of as many cities as possible. Produce new armies in cities to conquer nearby cities. Using the income from those cities, make more armies to take more cities. Send a hero to a temple to get a quest, or maybe search a nearby ruin instead.
- Thousand Parsec Client
- Thousand Parsec is a framework for turn based space empire building games. Some examples of games which Thousand Parsec draws ideas from are, Stars!, VGA Planets, Master of Orion and Galactic Civilizations. These are often called 4X games from the main phases; eXplore, eXpand, eXploit and eXterminate.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution itself.