Broaden your selection: Category/Game
- 0 A.D.
- 0 A.D. (pronounced “zero ey-dee”) is a real-time strategy (RTS) game of ancient warfare.
In short, it is a historically-based war/economy game that allows players to relive or rewrite the history of Western civilizations, focusing on the years between 500 B.C. and 500 A.D.
The project is highly ambitious, involving state-of-the-art 3D graphics, detailed artwork, sound, and a flexible and powerful custom-built game engine.
- Chomp is an game for two players, played on an (unsually imaginary) chocolate bar ruled into an array of squares. One corner square is poison, the others are not; this is why the chocolate bar is usually imaginary. Players take turns chosing one existing square and removing it and all others positioned away from the poision in the form of a rectangular "chomp" of the tasty chocolate. The player who must chomp the poison loses the game.
Chocoholic is a program to compute the game-theoretic values of positons in the game. Since the game can begin with any size of bar, a size must be chosen.
- Curse of War
- Curse of War is a fast-paced action strategy game for GNU/Linux implemented using
C and ncurses. Since version 1.2.0, there is also an SDL version.
Unlike most RTS, you are not controlling units, but focus on high-level strategic planning: Building infrastructure, securing resources, and moving your armies.
The core game mechanics turns out to be quite close to WWI-WWII type of warfare, however, there is no explicit reference to any historical period.
- Dragon Go Server
- The Dragon Go Server (DGS) is a place where you can play turn-based Go with other players from around the world. It functions more or less the same way as playing Go via email would, but the Dragon Go Server provides a graphical representation of the board and handles things such as time limits, scoring and ratings.
DGS players typically submit about five moves per week. Thus, games can be expected to take several weeks to complete. Some people play games much more quickly, and DGS enables a wide range of time limits. Playing Go in real time is not really possible here. Playing in "real time" means that both players are online at the same time and see their opponent's moves immediately, as they would when playing in person. A real-time game would take an hour or so to complete, and if two opponents are agreeable, that can be achieved on DGS, even though it is turn-based. If you prefer to play Go online in real time, you should try a real-time Go server such as KGS or IGS.
DGS has a user access quota and users are responsible for keeping queries per time-interval within a normal level. This should not affect most players.
DGS also provides discussion forums about Go generally and about DGS itself.
- Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup
- Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup is a free roguelike game of exploration and treasure-hunting in dungeons filled with dangerous and unfriendly monsters in a quest for the mystifyingly fabulous Orb of Zot.
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup has diverse species and many different character backgrounds to choose from, deep tactical game-play, sophisticated magic, religion and skill systems, and a grand variety of monsters to fight and run from, making each game unique and challenging.
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup can be played offline, or online on a public telnet/ssh server thanks to the good folks at crawl.akrasiac.org (CAO) and crawl.develz.org (CDO). These public servers allow you to meet other players’ ghosts, watch other people playing, and, in general, have a blast!
- Strategic game that is more or less related to Civ II, only better.
- The objective of this classic game is to discard all of one's cards before the opponent does, by matching the value or color of the top discard (or playing a wild card).
- Hedgewars is a turn based strategy, artillery, action and comedy game, featuring the antics of pink hedgehogs with attitude as they battle from the depths of hell to the depths of space.
As commander, it's your job to assemble your crack team of hedgehog soldiers and bring the war to your enemy.
- Liberal Crime Squad
- Welcome to Liberal Crime Squad! The Conservatives have taken the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial branches of government. Over time, the Liberal laws of this nation will erode and turn the country into a BACKWOODS YET CORPORATE NIGHTMARE. To prevent this from happening, the Liberal Crime Squad was established. The mood of the country is shifting, and we need to turn things around. Go out on the streets and indoctrinate Conservative automatons. That is, let them see their True Liberal Nature. Then arm them and send them forth to Stop Evil. Eventually the public will fall behind us, and we will put more Elite Liberals in government for greater justice.
WARNING: The scope of this game is narrower than that of real life. We have attempted to include foul language, graphic violence, politics, religion, sexual references, adult situations, narcotics, prostitution, bodily functions and bad pickup lines, but Bay 12 Games recognizes that there might be omissions which will make some players uncomfortable. In light of these facts, use your discretion when making decisions about downloading LCS.
(Description licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License from the LCS wiki http://lcs.wikidot.com/ )
- Liquid War 6 is a unique multiplayer wargame. Your army is a blob of liquid and you have to try to eat your opponents. Rules are very simple yet original; they have been invented by Thomas Colcombet. It's possible to play alone against the computer but the game is really designed to be played with friends, on a single computer, on a LAN, or over the Internet. (Network play is still under active development.)