Broaden your selection: Category/Hobbies
- BMI is a tool to help dieters. It calculates your Body Mass Index (BMI) and gives you an indication of your fitness. It saves the results in a file, so you can through the program look at the file, and compare your results from day to day, which gives you an overview of your weight development over time.
- BioImageXD - Free and open source software for analysis, processing and 3D rendering of multi dimensional microscopy images. It uses free software such as Python, wxPython, VTK, and is a free replacement for very expensive commercial 3D microscopy analysis and visualisation software BioImageXD is a collaborative open source free software project, designed and developed by microscopists, cell biologists and programmers from the Universities of JyvÃÂ¤skylÃÂ¤ and Turku in Finland, and collaborators worldwide.
- A complete system for measurement, management and statistics of sport short-time tests. Chronojump is used by trainers, teachers and students.
- Diet Monger Ass Kicker
- You need 3 pieces to run this: DMAK itself, USDA data, wxeu.so (for GNU/Linux) or wxeu.dll (for Windows). All is explained on my website and in the package. The package includes both Euphoria source and executables. DMAK interacts with you to design diets according to your specifications. You can make your own REQ files for nutrient requirements (minimums and maximums). Features include: favorite foods, rejected foods, sorts, filters, internet searches, clipboard, etc. Every time USDA comes out with an update of their data, you can download it and then unzip it into the usda_data subdirectory and the DMAK data is updated. SR19 has 7200+ foods and 140 nutrients.
- Electrocardiognosis is a software package designed to assist the physician in formulating diagnoses on 24h ambulatory ECG monitoring (Holter) recordings.
- GNUtrition is free nutrition analysis software written for the GNU operating system. The US Department of Agriculture, Nutrient Database of Standard Reference is used as the source of food nutrient information. Supports both Imperial and metric weights. Calculates for a wide range of nutrients, including trace minerals and amino acids. Can also calculate the recommended daily intake for many nutrients. Users can create recipes and compute their nutritional content. You can specify personal dietary goals, and compare the nutritional composition of various recipes to them. Output is in LaTeX format. This package was formerly known as RAT (Recipe Analysis Tool).
- GNU Health is a program designed for hospitals, offering the following funtionality:
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Hospital Information System (HIS)
- Health Information System
It has a strong focus on family medicine and primary care, along with socio-economic circumstances. It uses the following disease and medical procedure standards: (ICD-10 / ICD-10-PCS). There are facilities to aid in choosing medicines; prescription writing; patient, hospital finacial, and lab administration tools; a database of 4,200 disease-related genes; epidemiological reporting; and much more.
GNU Health is part of GNU Solidario, an NGO offering health and education to the underpriveledged through free software: http://www.gnusolidario.org/
- Menstruation Calendar
- Mencal is a simple variation of the well-known Unix command cal. The main difference is that you can have some periodically repeating days highlighted in color. This can be used to track menstruation (or other) cycles conveniently.
- 'nut' allows you to record what you eat, and analyze your meals for nutrient composition. The database included is the USDA Nutrient Database for Standard Reference, Release 14, which contains 6,039 foods. This database contains values for calories, protein, carbohydrates, fiber, total fat, etc.; vitamins A, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, B6, etc.; minerals calcium, copper, iron etc.; as well as the omega-6 and omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids. Nutrient levels are expressed as a percentage of the Daily Value, which comprise Reference Daily Intake and Daily Reference Values, the familiar standard of food labeling in the United States.
- Shrinking Man
- Shrinking Man is an application for tracking your weight and the calories consumed each day. It integrates well with the GNOME desktop environment.