Broaden your selection: Category/Interface
- NOTE:The code for this project has been subsumed into other projects, most notably http://www.gnomefiles.org/app.php/GERvoice 'Accessibility' means enabling people with disabilities to participate in substantial life activities that include work and the use of services, products, and information. GNOME Accessibility is the suite of software services and support in GNOME that lets people with disabilities use all the functionality of the GNOME desktop.
- ACME is a small GNOME tool to make use of the multimedia buttons present on most laptops and Internet keyboards: Volume, Brightness, Power, Eject, My Home, Search, E-Mail, Sleep, Screensaver, Finance, WWW, Calculator, Record, Close Window, Shade Window, Play, Stop, Pause, Previous, Next, Groups, Media, Refresh, and Help buttons. It works on all the platforms GNOME supports (laptops and PCs). It uses either OSS or ALSA for Volume control.
- Agave - GNOME Colorscheme Generator
- GNOME Colorscheme lets you select a starting color and generate six different kinds of color schemes. The colors can then be copied to the clipboard for easy use in HTML and CSS. It is currently a very simple but useful utility.
- Alexandria is a full GNOME application to help you manage your book collection.
- Alleyoop is a graphical front-end to the increasingly popular Valgrind memory checker for x86 GNU/ Linux using the Gtk+ widget set and other GNOME libraries for the X-Windows environment. Features include a right-click context menu to intelligently suppress errors or launch an editor on the source file/jumping to the exact line of the error condition. A searchbar at the top of the viewer can be used to limit the viewable errors to those that match the regex criteria entered. Also included is a fully functional Suppressions editor.
- Anjuta is a development IDE. Current features include project management, application wizards, an on-board interactive debugger, and a source editor with source browsing and syntax highlighting.
- 'at-spi' is a part of the Gnome Accessibility Project. It provides a Service Provider Interface for the Assistive Technologies available on the GNOME platform, and a library against which applications can be linked.
- Aualé is a graphical user interface for the popular Oware Abapa board game. It may be used to analyze, record and share your own mancala games or to play against the computer.
This interface communicates with an oware engine through an adapted version of the Universal Chess Interface protocol, which makes it suitable for use with multiple mancala playing programs. Although, currently only the Aalina game engine supports this protocol.
Some of its main features include:
- Play against the computer or watch how it plays.
- Easily configurable computer strength.
- Annotate your matches with an easy to use interface.
- Save your games using a portable format which resembles that of the popular Portable Game Notation format.
- Avaneya: Viking Lander Remastered DVD
- Whether you are a fan of science fiction, a space–science enthusiast, hobbyist, photographer, gamer or a patron of grass–roots libre arts and technology, you are sure to find the first successful images from the surface of Mars highly captivating. These mind blowing images were taken by NASA's Viking landers during the highly ambitious, billion–dollar mission first launched in 1975. However, many images were nearly lost to history due to magnetic tape deterioration and archaic proprietary technology.
With NASA's blessing, our team developed the technology to recover many of these images. This research tool was part of the design phase of our parent project, Avaneya — our upcoming libre cerebral science fiction game for the GNU operating system set on Mars, described in the words of Richard Stallman as an exciting, pioneering project.
Originally an internal research tool, overwhelming public interest compelled us to release the technology on this DVD for all. Now everyone can relive the original breathtaking experience that captured the world's attention and marked the first successful moment in history that humanity saw Mars — not as a distant, impersonal, celestial body, beheld through a telescope for centuries, but as a tangible and alien world well within its reach.
- BgChanger is a simple set of scripts adding wallpaper rotation functionality to GNOME. It is designed to be simple above all else, with no complicated menus or options.