free society. We build this foundation.
With your help, we will raise $450,000 this
winter to make this foundation even stronger.
Donate today, and build us up for 2014.
Broaden your selection: Category/Interface
- 2wm is an extremely fast, small, and dynamic window manager for X. It is the little brother of dwm.
- 'aewm' is a minimalist window manager for X11. It has no nifty features, but is light on resources and extremely simple in appearance. It should eventually make a good reference implementation of the ICCCM. A few separate programs are included to handle running programs, switching between windows, etc.
- AfterStep is a Window Manager for X which started by emulating the NeXTSTEP look and feel, but which has been significantly altered according to the requests of various users. Many adepts will tell you that NeXTSTEP is not only the most visually pleasant interface, but also one of the most functional and intuitive out there. AfterStep aims to incorporate the advantages of the NeXTSTEP interface, and add additional useful features.
- B4Step is a Window Manager running under X11R6 (Solaris and GNU/Linux), featuring a new innovating way to manage window banners.
- BBrun is a run window for Blackbox with dropdown history list. It can be run in either slit or withdrawn mode so that it can be bound to a keystroke from bbkeys.
- Blackbox is yet another addition to the list of window managers for X. It is written in C++, sharing no common code with any other window manager (even though the graphics implementation is similar to that of WindowMaker). It features small code size, a fast interface with simple menus, multiple workspaces, decorated windows, built-in graphics code to render solids, gradients, and bevels on the fly, and more.
- Window manager in Portugese.
- Common Desktop Environment
- The Common Desktop Environment was created by a collaboration of Sun, HP, IBM, DEC, SCO, Fujitsu and Hitachi. Used on a selection of commercial UNIXs, it is now available as free software for the first time.
- 'cwm' (calmwm) is a window manager originally inspired by evilwm. It has several novel features, including the ability to search for windows and a very simple and attractive aesthetic.
- A dynamic window manager with extra repository, themes, styles, and dotfiles.