Broaden your selection: Category/Internet-application
- Adblock Plus
Antifeature: Tracking comment Adblock Plus is ineffective for surveillance protection by default as it comes with Acceptable Ads enabled: These ads are not meant to be "ads that don't track you".
Blocks banners, pop-ups, tracking, malware. By default, nonintrusive ads aren't blocked in order to support websites.
The add-on is supported by over forty filter subscriptions in dozens of languages which automatically configure it for purposes ranging from removing online advertising to blocking all known malware domains. Adblock Plus also allows you to customize your filters with the assistance of a variety of useful features, including a context option for images, a block tab for Flash and Java objects, and a list of blockable items to remove scripts and stylesheets.
Starting with Adblock Plus 2.0 there is an option in Filter Preferences to allow some non-intrusive advertising. The goal is to support websites using non-intrusive ways to advertise and to encourage more websites to do the same.
- Anontwi - is a tool for OAuth2 applications (such as: GNUSocial, Twitter...) that provides different layers of encryption and privacy methods.
- arkOS is a lightweight Linux-based operating system, initially targeted to run on a Raspberry Pi, intended to make self-hosting server software as easy as possible. It has different components that interact to achieve these ends, chief among them an integrated application called Genesis which graphically manages the server and its components. With Genesis, users can easily add/remove server software, manage websites, change system settings and more from a reliable visual interface that's easy to use. arkOS puts a focus on user's experience, requiring no command line experience to run well. In the future, users will also be able to host their email accounts, chat accounts, and social networking profiles from an arkOS server just as easily.
- BAD HARVEST
- BAD HARVEST is a form-mail CGI script designed to be called from links similar to "mailto:...". It helps you to hide email addresses from "harvesters" (automated email-address collectors) while still providing a convenient way for your visitors to contact you.
- Cjdns implements an encrypted IPv6 network using public key cryptography for address allocation and a distributed hash table for routing. This provides near zero-configuration networking without many of the security and robustness issues that regular IPv4 and IPv6 networks have.
Hyperboria is the largest cjdns network, with hundreds of active nodes around the world.
- Crypton is a software framework for remote storage, where the remote server has no knowledge of what is being stored.
The content is encrypted client-side before it reaches the server. The framework is designed to be easy for application developers to use, without needing experience in encryption.
- Protects you against tracking through "free", centralized, content delivery. It prevents a lot of requests from reaching networks like Google Hosted Libraries, and serves local files to keep sites from breaking. Complements regular content blockers.
- Supported Networks: Google Hosted Libraries, Microsoft Ajax CDN, CDNJS (Cloudflare), jQuery CDN (MaxCDN), jsDelivr (MaxCDN), Yandex CDN, Baidu CDN, Sina Public Resources, and UpYun Libraries.
- Bundled Resources: AngularJS, Backbone.js, Dojo, Ember.js, Ext Core, jQuery, jQuery UI, Modernizr, MooTools, Prototype, Scriptaculous, SWFObject, Underscore.js, and Web Font Loader.
If you're using uMatrix, Edit in and Commit these lines to My rules in the Dashboard: (Please note that each line must also START with a '*' character but this Wiki is broken and does not allow to render this properly!)
- ajax.aspnetcdn.com script allow
- ajax.googleapis.com script allow
- ajax.microsoft.com script allow
- cdn.jsdelivr.net script allow
- cdnjs.cloudflare.com script allow
- code.jquery.com script allow
- lib.sinaapp.com script allow
- libs.baidu.com script allow
- upcdn.b0.upaiyun.com script allow
- yandex.st script allow
- yastatic.net script allow
Note: Decentraleyes currently only bundles scripts, and if you want other resources to load you need to change script in the above rules to * and disable "Block requests for missing resources" in the Decentraleyes preferences. This will however result in network requests to these CDNs.
If you use uBlock0 it shouldn't normally block these resources, but if you enable Advanced mode you might have a rule to block third-party scripts by default. Unlike with uMatrix we can't whitelist only scripts for individual hosts, but you can still control whether other resources are loaded with "Block requests for missing resources" in the Decentraleyes preferences. We also have the ability to let normal filtering take place as opposed to completely whitelisting everything from these domains:
(Please note that each line must also START with a '*' character but this Wiki is broken and does not allow to render this properly!)
- ajax.aspnetcdn.com * noop
- ajax.googleapis.com * noop
- ajax.microsoft.com * noop
- cdn.jsdelivr.net * noop
- cdnjs.cloudflare.com * noop
- code.jquery.com * noop
- lib.sinaapp.com * noop
- libs.baidu.com * noop
- upcdn.b0.upaiyun.com * noop
- yandex.st * noop
- yastatic.net * noop
With these rules, uBlock0 in Advanced mode will behave as in "normal" mode for these particular CDNs, which is usually what you want, but if you prefer you can change noop above to allow to ensure nothing from Decentraleyes is blocked.
- DirectNet is a peer-to-peer instant messaging protocol and client software for multiple platforms, including Windows, GNU/Linux and Mac OS X, developed by Gregor Richards.
- DuckDuckGo (non-JS Lite SSL)
- This extension adds DuckDuckGo (non-JS Lite version) to the search bar.
- DuckDuckGo (non-JS SSL)
- DuckDuckGo is the search engine that doesn't track you. This extension adds DuckDuckGo (non-JS HTML version) to the search bar.