Broaden your selection: Category/Live-communications
- Automates most tasks used for streaming.
Was used during LibrePlanet 2015 and 2016.
ABYSS was previously know as Libre-Streamer.
- Actor platform
- The Actor platform allows you to run a server for clients running the free software Actor messaging and group chat app on their computers and other devices.
NB: Actor platform needs other modules in order to work, which is not covered by this entry.
- "Classified ads" is messaging system for exchange of private and public messages between humans, and maybe other primates. Features of the program include, but are not limited to:
* Sending and retrieving messages public and private, between humans or inside groups * No need for server-side support of any kind * Minimal hassle for the end-user * No need for contracts with any service-operators, not counting your ISP * Identification of message senders while allowing some withdrawal of personal details * Text-based search of public posting
- Multiplatform raster graphical editor enabling simultaneous drawing between users. Project including several sub projects as server, painting framework, network library, desktop application and protocol design and documentation.
- The Farstream (formerly Farsight2) project is an effort to create a framework to deal with all known audio/video conferencing protocols. On one side it offers a generic API that makes it possible to write plugins for different streaming protocols, on the other side it offers an API for clients to use those plugins.
This package provides Python bindings for Farstream.
- Fire★ is a a simple platform for decentralized communication and computation.
Provides a simple application platform for developing p2p applications
and share these applications with others in a chat like user interface.
You don't send a message to someone, you send an program, which can have rich content. All programs are wired up together automatically providing distributed communication, either through text, images, or games.
The source code to all applications is available immediately to instantly clone and modify.
- Gajim is a Jabber/XMPP client written in PyGTK. The goal of Gajim project is to provide a full featured and easy to use XMPP client. Gajim works nicely with GNOME, but does not require it to run.
- GnomeMeeting 2
- GnomeMeeting is a video conferencing software for GNU/Linux. It is designed for the Gnome Desktop and is compatible with the H.323 standard. It works with or without webcam and supports ILS directories.
- Guile-toxcore provides high level Scheme bindings for the Tox protocol library, libtoxcore.
- Gumnut is a moderated, distributed, discussion forum that may be used by groups of people to find an agreed positive direction for any decisions that affect that group. Each group may be of any size and associated by geography, common interest, or both.