Broaden your selection: Category/Live-communications
- Choqok is a Free, fast, efficient and simple to use micro-blogging client for K Desktop Environment. The name comes from an ancient Persian word and means Sparrow! Currently, Choqok support Twitter.com and Identi.ca micro-blogging services.
- Friendica is a communications platform for integrated social communications utilising decentralised communications and linkage to several indie social projects - as well as popular mainstream providers.
- GNU FM
- GNU FM is a piece of software you can install on your own web server, to run a music community site, similar to Libre.fm or Last.fm. You can use it for your family, your business, your band, or just for yourself.
- Libertree allows users to create their own social network; it is implemented as an XMPP component and a web application.
- Small and fast microblogging client written in GTK2 using the Vala language. Pino supports both twitter and identi.ca
- PyPump provides an interface to the pump.io APIs.
The aim is to provide very natural pythonic representations of Notes, Images, People, …, allowing you to painlessly interact with them.
- Red Matrix
- Originally authored by Mike Macgirvin (also the original author of Friendica), the RedMatrix is a super network created from a huge number of smaller independent and autonomous websites - which are linked together into a cooperative publishing and social platform. It consists of an open source webapp providing a complete multi-user decentralised publishing, sharing, and communications system - known as a "hub". Each hub provides communications (private messaging, chat, blogging, forums, and social networking), along with media management (photos, events, files, web pages, shareable apps) for its members; all in a feature-rich platform. These hubs automatically reach out and connect with each other and the rest of the matrix. Privacy and content ownership always remain under the direct personal control of the individual; and permission to access any item can be granted or denied to anybody in the entire matrix.
What makes the RedMatrix unique is what we call "magic authentication" - which is based on our groundbreaking work in decentralised identity services. No other platform provides this ability. Within the matrix the boundaries between different hubs are blurred or seemingly non-existent. Identity in the matrix is considered transient and potentially nomadic. "Who you are" has nothing to do with "what computer you're connected to", and website content can adapt itself according to who is viewing it. You have the ability to "clone" your identity to other hubs; which allows you to continue to communicate with your friends seamlessly if your primary hub is ever disabled (temporarily or permanently).
The RedMatrix is ideal for communities of any size, from private individuals and families to online forums, business websites, and organisations. It can be used by anybody who has communications or web content that they wish to share, but where they desire complete control of whom they share it with.
- Allows multiple users to store, share and tag their favourite links online.