Broaden your selection: Category/Live-communications
- 'Blosxom' is a lightweight yet feature-packed Weblog application designed from the ground up with simplicity, usability, and interoperability in mind. It relies on the file system, folders, and files as its content database. Users can create, edit, rename, and delete entries on the command-line, via FTP, WebDAV, or anything else they might use to manipulate their files.
- Bookblog is a program which runs under a web server (such as Apache) and allows individuals to write up their reviews for a book in a form which is easily accessible, and appears to other browsers as a web log to which they can add their comments.
- FeedCreator is a PHP class that provides an easy way to create RSS feeds from within PHP. RSS 0.91, 1.0, and 2.0 are supported; users can decide which version to create at runtime. This package was formerly known as 'RSSCreator.'
- Laconica (pronounced "luh-KAWN-ih-kuh") is a microblogging platform. It helps people in a community, company or group to exchange short (140 character) messages over the Web. Users can choose which people to "follow" and receive only their friends' or colleagues' status messages. It provides a similar service to sites like Twitter, Jaiku, and Plurk.
- Liferea (Linux Feed Reader) is an RSS/RDF news aggregator which also supports CDF channels, Atom/Echo/PIE feeds, and OCS directories. It's intended to be a clone of FeedReader.
- This is the code that runs the popular LiveJournal.com journal site; the SQL to create and populate all the tables is included. The code that runs the various clients is also available from the site.
- Mitter is a client for Twitter. Currently, you can use it on multiple platforms and on a console/terminal.
- My Blog is a simple to use blog that takes care of many advanced features for the user. It automatically resizes pictures when uploaded, paginates of blog entries as specified, and truncates and formats text as specified. The admin can post via the secure online script or via email, making blogging via camera phone possible. The admin is emailed when visitors post comments. Plugins for the My Photo Gallery and My Calendar scripts are available; the admin can also write his own plugins. The templating scheme is simple and compatible with all of the other scripts. Visitors can subscribe to notification of new posts by email or RSS.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution itself.