Broaden your selection: Category/Live-communications
- 'Blosxom' is a lightweight yet feature-packed Weblog application designed from the ground up with simplicity, usability, and interoperability in mind. It relies on the file system, folders, and files as its content database. Users can create, edit, rename, and delete entries on the command-line, via FTP, WebDAV, or anything else they might use to manipulate their files.
- Bookblog is a program which runs under a web server (such as Apache) and allows individuals to write up their reviews for a book in a form which is easily accessible, and appears to other browsers as a web log to which they can add their comments.
- Diaspora is a decentralized social network (composed by many servers which interact with each other, the servers are called pods).
- FeedCreator is a PHP class that provides an easy way to create RSS feeds from within PHP. RSS 0.91, 1.0, and 2.0 are supported; users can decide which version to create at runtime. This package was formerly known as 'RSSCreator.'
- Friendica is a communications platform for integrated social communications utilising decentralised communications and linkage to several indie social projects - as well as popular mainstream providers.
- Laconica (pronounced "luh-KAWN-ih-kuh") is a microblogging platform. It helps people in a community, company or group to exchange short (140 character) messages over the Web. Users can choose which people to "follow" and receive only their friends' or colleagues' status messages. It provides a similar service to sites like Twitter, Jaiku, and Plurk.
- Liferea (Linux Feed Reader) is an RSS/RDF news aggregator which also supports CDF channels, Atom/Echo/PIE feeds, and OCS directories. It's intended to be a clone of FeedReader.
- This is the code that runs the popular LiveJournal.com journal site; the SQL to create and populate all the tables is included. The code that runs the various clients is also available from the site.