Broaden your selection: Category/Live-communications
- 'Blosxom' is a lightweight yet feature-packed Weblog application designed from the ground up with simplicity, usability, and interoperability in mind. It relies on the file system, folders, and files as its content database. Users can create, edit, rename, and delete entries on the command-line, via FTP, WebDAV, or anything else they might use to manipulate their files.
- Bookblog is a program which runs under a web server (such as Apache) and allows individuals to write up their reviews for a book in a form which is easily accessible, and appears to other browsers as a web log to which they can add their comments.
- Diaspora is a decentralized social network (composed by many servers which interact with each other, the servers are called pods).
- dotCMS is an Open Source Content Management System (CMS), built on leading Java technology and open standards (REST API, CMIS and Spring).
- FeedCreator is a PHP class that provides an easy way to create RSS feeds from within PHP. RSS 0.91, 1.0, and 2.0 are supported; users can decide which version to create at runtime. This package was formerly known as 'RSSCreator.'
- Friendica is a communications platform for integrated social communications utilising decentralised communications and linkage to several indie social projects - as well as popular mainstream providers.
- Known is an open, flexible social publishing platform. Publish in a group or as an individual with a variety of media, from blog posts and photographs to files and points on a map. Each post can be private or public; every Known site as a whole can be private or public. It works on any device, from the biggest, strongest desktop to the most entry-level smartphone, as long as it comes with a web browser.
- Laconica (pronounced "luh-KAWN-ih-kuh") is a microblogging platform. It helps people in a community, company or group to exchange short (140 character) messages over the Web. Users can choose which people to "follow" and receive only their friends' or colleagues' status messages. It provides a similar service to sites like Twitter, Jaiku, and Plurk.
- Libertree allows users to create their own social network; it is implemented as an XMPP component and a web application.