Broaden your selection: Category/Localization
- 'FarsiTeX' is a free Persian/English bidirectional typesetting system. It is not only very powerful in mathematical typesetting but also takes advantage of the powers of a generic markup language.
- 'Geiriadur' combines a dictionary lookup engine and a dictionary editing system. It's developed as a tool to create Welsh-Russian and Russian-Welsh dictionaries, but it can also be used for other languages. It consists of two components: a dictionary CORBA server and the Web interface for it. The system works through "words" and "translations". A "translation" is a pair of words or a word with explanation; a "word" means a string of letters without a space, possessing independent meaning in some language. Words can have transcription, attributes (gender, aspect etc.), and "stems" and irregular forms. Regular forms are produced dynamically during a search from "stems" and "endings". The system understands mutations and different spellings (American English, Middle Welsh etc.) If a direct search (with the first word in translations table) yields no results, the system performs an inverse search or asks the user to try a cross-search through a third language.
- 'gtranslator' offers a comfortable, colored, and easy way to edit gettext po files and all other flavours of po files (po.gz, mo/gmo) with many comfortable functions like find, replace, autoaccomplishment, query capability and personal learn buffer (TM). The GUI also a messages tree that lets you see the translations grouped by status (untranslated, fuzzy) and with customizable colors for the rows.
- The Hspell project is a free Hebrew linguistic project. Its first aim is to create a free Hebrew spell-checker, and a fully functional and already useful release 0.2 is now available (see below). However the databases and algorithms developed by the Hspell program could also be used as a morphology engine (for example, for search engines), and in the future (with much more work) for advanced things like Hebrew speech synthesis (for the blind who use a free operating system, but also useful for the general population)
- Hebrew Editor
- he Hebrew Editor package allows Hebrew-speaking users to create and edit Hebrew/English LaTeX documents. This package provides a text (terminal) based word processor which is extremely LaTeX-oriented. The editor also provides on-the-fly spell checking, multiple file editing, unlimited undo capability and much more. It has been in beta for a number of years, and is used by graduate students in the Technion Israel Institute of Technology for writing their Master's theses, composing tests and home assignments.