Broaden your selection: Category/Network-hookup
- Airhook is a reliable data delivery protocol, like TCP. Unlike TCP, Airhook gracefully handles intermittent, unreliable, or delayed networks. Other features include session recovery, queue control, and delivery status notification. Airhook is useful for keeping connections running over bad wireless networks (like CDPD), intermittent dial-up connections, and any other network that doesn't work very well. The implementation includes a TCP proxy (so you can use HTTP, SSH, etc.) and a protocol library for applications that want more control (real-time media delivery, games, etc).
- Antidote is an open source implementation of the IEEE 11073-20601 standard. It also contains the implementation of a D-Bus based 11073 manager service.
- Binkd is a Fidonet mailer designed to operate via TCP/IP networks. As a FTN-compatible internet daemon, it makes possible efficient utilization of TCP/IP protocol suite as a transport layer in FTN-based (Fido Technology Network) networks.
- cmogstored is an alternative implementation of the "mogstored" storage
component of MogileFS. cmogstored is implemented in C and does not use
Perl at runtime. cmogstored is the only component you need to install
on a MogileFS storage node.
Read more about MogileFS here: http://mogilefs.org/ cmogstored is not directly affiliated with the MogileFS project nor any commercial interests behind MogileFS.
- GNUnet is a framework for secure peer-to-peer networking that does not use any centralized or otherwise trusted services. Its high-level goal is to provide a strong free software foundation for a global network that provides security and privacy.
GNUnet started with an idea for anonymous censorship-resistant file-sharing, but has grown to incorporate other applications as well as many generic building blocks for secure networking applications. In particular, GNUnet now includes the GNU Name System, a privacy-preserving, decentralized public key infrastructure.
- A modular cross-platform chat bot in Python. She performs automated functions at live chat networks. guppy currently serves some common tasks like calculation, web search, words and domain look-up.
- IP Sorcery
- IP Sorcery is a TCP/IP packet generator. It can send IP, TCP, UDP, ICMP, and IGMP packets from the console or with a GTK+ interface.
- justniffer is a tcp packet sniffer. It captures reassembles and reorders TCP packets, performs IP packet defragmentation and displays the tcp flow and trace timings. It is useful for logging network traffic in a 'standard' (web server like) or in a customized way. It can log http response time, useful for tracking network services performances (e.g. web server, application server, etc.).
- LCDNetstat is a program which displays the TCP/IP connections of a computer on a external LCD screen. It shows the IP of the remote computer, and the port it uses on your computer. If there's no current conection, it shows the most recent one with a timestamp. It use /proc/net/tcp and parses the results to an LCD screen.
- Obnam is an easy, secure backup program. It creates snapshot backups, i.e. every generation looks like a complete snapshot, so you don't need to care about full versus incremental backups, or rotate real or virtual tapes. Another feature is data de-duplication, across files and backup generations. If the backup repository already contains a particular chunk of data, it will be re-used, even if it was in another file in an older backup generation. This way, you don't need to worry about moving around large files, or modifying them. Obnam can create encrypted backups, using GnuPG.