Broaden your selection: Category/Network-hookup
- Airhook is a reliable data delivery protocol, like TCP. Unlike TCP, Airhook gracefully handles intermittent, unreliable, or delayed networks. Other features include session recovery, queue control, and delivery status notification. Airhook is useful for keeping connections running over bad wireless networks (like CDPD), intermittent dial-up connections, and any other network that doesn't work very well. The implementation includes a TCP proxy (so you can use HTTP, SSH, etc.) and a protocol library for applications that want more control (real-time media delivery, games, etc).
- Antidote is an open source implementation of the IEEE 11073-20601 standard. It also contains the implementation of a D-Bus based 11073 manager service.
- Binkd is a Fidonet mailer designed to operate via TCP/IP networks. As a FTN-compatible internet daemon, it makes possible efficient utilization of TCP/IP protocol suite as a transport layer in FTN-based (Fido Technology Network) networks.
- IP Sorcery
- IP Sorcery is a TCP/IP packet generator. It can send IP, TCP, UDP, ICMP, and IGMP packets from the console or with a GTK+ interface.
- justniffer is a tcp packet sniffer. It captures reassembles and reorders TCP packets, performs IP packet defragmentation and displays the tcp flow and trace timings. It is useful for logging network traffic in a 'standard' (web server like) or in a customized way. It can log http response time, useful for tracking network services performances (e.g. web server, application server, etc.).
- LCDNetstat is a program which displays the TCP/IP connections of a computer on a external LCD screen. It shows the IP of the remote computer, and the port it uses on your computer. If there's no current conection, it shows the most recent one with a timestamp. It use /proc/net/tcp and parses the results to an LCD screen.
- Obnam is an easy, secure backup program. It creates snapshot backups, i.e. every generation looks like a complete snapshot, so you don't need to care about full versus incremental backups, or rotate real or virtual tapes. Another feature is data de-duplication, across files and backup generations. If the backup repository already contains a particular chunk of data, it will be re-used, even if it was in another file in an older backup generation. This way, you don't need to worry about moving around large files, or modifying them. Obnam can create encrypted backups, using GnuPG.
- Pac manager
- PAC Manager is a secure connection manager with automatiions, which make it good GNU/Linux and free software replacement for SecureCRT and Putty. Some features include:
- Simple GUI to manage/launch connections to remote machines.
- Scripting possibilities, 'ala' SecureCRT
- Configurable Pre
- TCP Re-engineering
- The TCP Re-engineering Tool monitors and analyzes data transmitted between a client and a server via a TCP connection. It focuses on the data stream (software layer), not on the lower level transmission protocol (as packet sniffers do).
- 'tcpxd' is a TCP/IP relay or proxy, allowing a connection to a port on a system to be forwarded to another port on any other system. It is useful for firewalls and service relocations, and is small, simple, and fast. It's also easier to learn than netcat and supports TCP_NODELAY, alternate local ports, partial connection closures, and non-blocking connects.