Broaden your selection: Category/Protocol
- FreeSpeechMe is a Free Software plug-in for IceCat that allows people to effortlessly view Dot-Bit websites. It works on GNU/Linux and Windows.
Dot-Bit (.bit) is a new top-level domain that, unlike Dot-Com, Dot-Net, Dot-UK, etc., is NOT controlled by any government or corporation.
FreeSpeechMe works over the distributed blockchain of the inexpensive cryptocurrency, Namecoin (a derivative of BitCoin). Namecoin is not generally traded as currency. It exists primarily for the purpose of decentralized DNS.
Domains currently cost about 10 cents US of Namecoin to register.
Before FreeSpeechMe, viewing Dot-Bit websites required changing DNS settings, and using non-vetted public DNS servers. FreeSpeechMe doesn't require changing DNS settings, so it is much more secure.
Newly registered Dot-Bit websites can be viewed within three hours worldwide with FreeSpeechMe.
IP or Nameserver update changes to an existing Dot-Bit website are viewable worldwide within 40 minutes.
This isn't just "a plug-in." FreeSpeechMe, Dot-Bit and Namecoin are a complete new Internet ecosystem, free of the constraints of ICANN and the like.
Please see tech FAQ for full list of improvements and implementations we're planning on for FreeSpeechMe and Namecoin: http://www.freespeechme.org/advanced-faq/
- 'lftp' is a sophisticated file transfer program with command line interface. Its multithreaded design lets you issue and execute multiple commands simultaneously or in the background. It also has mirroring capabilities and will reconnect and continue transfers if you get disconnected. Also, if you quit the program while transfers are still in progress, it will switch to nohup mode and finish the transfers in the background. Supported are FTP, HTTP, FISH, SFTP, HTTPS and FTPS protocols. BitTorrent protocol is also supported as 'torrent' command.
- qBittorrent is a BitTorrent client that aims to be a free replacement of µTorrent.
It has a built-in search engine, a Web interface for remote controlling, UPnP and IPv6 support.
- Transmission is a lightweight BitTorrent client.
It features a simple, intuitive interface on top on an efficient, cross-platform back-end.
- Twister is a microblogging peer-to-peer platform, that is, it is a distributed system like bittorrent or similar file sharing technologies. Being completely decentralized means that no one is able to shut it down, as there is no single point to attack. The system is also designed so it cannot be censored, freedom of speech cannot be taken from you. And because the cryptography is employed end-to-end, no entity is able to spy on your communications.
- UnTV is a DRM-free media center platform for home theater computers, allowing users to browse a large catalog of content available via BitTorrent and instantly stream that content, providing an experience similar to that of Netflix. UnTV is controllable via touchscreen devices on the same local network or the keyboard and exposes an API for developing extensions and plugins.