Broaden your selection: Category/Protocol
- BIND (Berkeley Internet Name Domain) is an implementation of the Domain Name System (DNS) protocols and provides a free redistributable reference implementation of the major components of the Domain Name System, including:
- Domain Name System server
- Domain Name System resolver library
- Tools for managing and verifying the proper operation of the DNS server
- Cjdns implements an encrypted IPv6 network using public key cryptography for address allocation and a distributed hash table for routing. This provides near zero-configuration networking without many of the security and robustness issues that regular IPv4 and IPv6 networks have.
Hyperboria is the largest cjdns network, with hundreds of active nodes around the world.
- FreeSpeechMe is a Free Software plug-in for IceCat that allows people to effortlessly view Dot-Bit websites. It works on GNU/Linux and Windows.
Dot-Bit (.bit) is a new top-level domain that, unlike Dot-Com, Dot-Net, Dot-UK, etc., is NOT controlled by any government or corporation.
FreeSpeechMe works over the distributed blockchain of the inexpensive cryptocurrency, Namecoin (a derivative of BitCoin). Namecoin is not generally traded as currency. It exists primarily for the purpose of decentralized DNS.
Domains currently cost about 10 cents US of Namecoin to register.
Before FreeSpeechMe, viewing Dot-Bit websites required changing DNS settings, and using non-vetted public DNS servers. FreeSpeechMe doesn't require changing DNS settings, so it is much more secure.
Newly registered Dot-Bit websites can be viewed within three hours worldwide with FreeSpeechMe.
IP or Nameserver update changes to an existing Dot-Bit website are viewable worldwide within 40 minutes.
This isn't just "a plug-in." FreeSpeechMe, Dot-Bit and Namecoin are a complete new Internet ecosystem, free of the constraints of ICANN and the like.
Please see tech FAQ for full list of improvements and implementations we're planning on for FreeSpeechMe and Namecoin: http://www.freespeechme.org/advanced-faq/
- Inadyn is a client for `open' name servers. That is, it let the user have an Internet recognized name for his machine by transferring to him some control over a name server that he does not manage. Some of the services that are offered by those open name servers are free of charge, and work even when the client machine does not have a static IP. The name servers that are supported by Inayn are: http://www.dyndns.org and http://freedns.afraid.org.
Its basic operation is to periodically check whether the actual IP of the client machine is the same one that is recorded in the name server, and update the name server records when there is a mismatch.
- nodewatcher is one of the projects of wlan slovenija open wireless network. Its main goal is the development of a network planning, deployment, monitoring and maintenance platform with emphasis on community.
- A PHP library/class to provide direct DNS query capability from PHP and an example client.