Broaden your selection: Category/Protocol
- 'ejabberd' is a multi-platform, scalable, distributed, and fault-tolerant XMPP Jabber server. It supports advanced features such as multi-user chat, IRC transport, publish and subscribe services, Jabber user directory, a Web-based administration interface, an HTTP polling service, SSL and TLS support, LDAP and external authentication.
- Ekiga (formely known as GnomeMeeting) is a SoftPhone, Video Conferencing and Instant Messenger application over the Internet.
It supports HD sound quality and video up to DVD size and quality.
It is interoperable with many other standard compliant software, hardware and service providers as it uses both the major telephony standards (SIP and H.323).
- The Farstream (formerly Farsight2) project is an effort to create a framework to deal with all known audio/video conferencing protocols. On one side it offers a generic API that makes it possible to write plugins for different streaming protocols, on the other side it offers an API for clients to use those plugins.
This package provides Python bindings for Farstream.
- Gajim is a Jabber/XMPP client written in PyGTK. The goal of Gajim project is to provide a full featured and easy to use XMPP client. Gajim works nicely with GNOME, but does not require it to run.
- Jitsi (previously SIP Communicator) is an audio/video and chat communicator with full end-to-end encryption that supports protocols such as SIP, XMPP/Jabber, ICQ/AIM, Windows Live, Yahoo!, GTalk/Hangouts extensions, as well as OTR, ZRTP, etc.
It can handle every firewall, and has many other useful features.
- Linphone is an Internet phone or Voice Over IP phone (VoIP).
It lets you make two-party phone calls using the Internet.
- Mumble is a voice chat program. There are two modules in Mumble: the client (Mumble) and the server (Murmur). It provides encrypted, low-latency voice chat. Supports group conferences, for talking amongst friends: has a mute/deafen feature, also supports textchat. A suitable free software replacement for Google Hangout, Skype, Ventrillo, TeamSpeak and many more.
- Tox is a peer-to-peer, encrypted instant messaging and video calling library that provides APIs for clients, including toxcore, toxav, and toxdns API libraries.
- Venom is a graphical client for Tox, a free Instant messaging and video conferencing tool.