Broaden your selection: Category/Protocol
- 'ejabberd' is a multi-platform, scalable, distributed, and fault-tolerant XMPP Jabber server. It supports advanced features such as multi-user chat, IRC transport, publish and subscribe services, Jabber user directory, a Web-based administration interface, an HTTP polling service, SSL and TLS support, LDAP and external authentication.
- Ekiga (formely known as GnomeMeeting) is a SoftPhone, Video Conferencing and Instant Messenger application over the Internet.
It supports HD sound quality and video up to DVD size and quality.
It is interoperable with many other standard compliant software, hardware and service providers as it uses both the major telephony standards (SIP and H.323).
- Empathy is a messaging program which supports text, voice, and video chat and file transfers over many different protocols, including Jabber (xmpp). You can tell it about your accounts on all those services and do all your chatting within one application. Empathy uses Telepathy for protocol support and has a user interface based on Gossip. Empathy is the default chat client in current versions of GNOME, making it easier for other GNOME applications to integrate collaboration functionality using Telepathy.
- Gajim is a Jabber/XMPP client written in PyGTK. The goal of Gajim project is to provide a full featured and easy to use XMPP client. Gajim works nicely with GNOME, but does not require it to run.
- Jitsi (previously SIP Communicator) is an audio/video and chat communicator with full end-to-end encryption that supports protocols such as SIP, XMPP/Jabber, ICQ/AIM, Windows Live, Yahoo!, GTalk/Hangouts extensions, as well as OTR, ZRTP, etc.
It can handle every firewall, and has many other useful features.
- Libertree allows users to create their own social network; it is implemented as an XMPP component and a web application.
- MongooseIM is aimed at large, complex enterprise level projects where real-time communication is critical for business success. It provides high availability, ease of deployment, development and reliability in production.
- Pidgin is a GTK+-based messenger.
It is actively being developed and supports many common features of other clients, inlcuding many unique features.It also supports multiple protocols, including AIM (Oscar and TOC), Yahoo!, ICQ, MSN Messenger, Jabber (xmpp), Napster, Zephyr and IRC.
- Swift is a free cross-platform (Windows, Linux, Mac) XMPP client written and contributed to by a range of XMPP experts. It is designed to be fast and easy to use and it provides features useful to end users across a range of deployments, including military, corporate and personal use, taking advantage of the latest developments in the XMPP standards community (in which the developers are heavily involved).