Broaden your selection: Category/Science
- GNOME Water Temperature Applet
- The GNOME Water Temperature Applet displays water temperatures of rivers, lakes and oceans in your GNOME panel.
- GeoTIFF Viewer
- GeoTIFF Viewer is a simple viewer for GeoTIFF files, which are georeferenced raster images, typically used for maps.
- Gstat is a computer program for geostatistical modelling, prediction and simulation in one, two, or three dimensions. Gstat uses gnuplot (a program for plotting functions) to display sample variograms and variogram functions. The program has a flexible command language. Spatial prediction options range from simple kriging to universal cokriging.
- This program is intended to make working with the Generic Mapping Tools (GMT) easier. iGMT provides a graphical user interface for GMT and is written in the Tcl/Tk computer language. Besides supplying a user friendly way of handling GMT, iGMT comes with built-in support for many different geoscientific data sets, such as topography, gravity, seafloor age, hypocenter catalogs, plate boundary files, hotspot lists, CMT solutions etc. 'iGMT' is used at numerous institutions worldwide for mapping tasks and teaching GMT.
- Marble offers different kind of beautiful and useful map views of the Earth including OpenStreetMap. It can also search for place names and suggest routes.
- PrimaGIS is a collaborative Web mapping application for Plone that is built on top of MapServer, Python Cartographic Library (PCL), and Cartographic Objects for Zope (ZCO). In addition to supporting traditional spatial data sources (e.g. shapefiles, PostGIS databases, raster images, and WMS/WFS services), it allows users to combine data from a content management system (Plone) within the maps.
- Seismic Toolkit
- 'Seismic Toolkit' processes and displays seismic signal data in a GUI. It reads seismic signals in SAC format, and provides user operations such as zooming, filtering, spectral analysis, polarisation analysis, time-frequency representation, Hilbert transform, and singular value decomposition.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution itself.