free society. We build this foundation.
With your help, we will raise $450,000 this
winter to make this foundation even stronger.
Donate today, and build us up for 2014.
Broaden your selection: Category/Science
- Avaneya: Viking Lander Remastered DVD
- Whether you are a fan of science fiction, a space–science enthusiast, hobbyist, photographer, gamer or a patron of grass–roots libre arts and technology, you are sure to find the first successful images from the surface of Mars highly captivating. These mind blowing images were taken by NASA's Viking landers during the highly ambitious, billion–dollar mission first launched in 1975. However, many images were nearly lost to history due to magnetic tape deterioration and archaic proprietary technology.
With NASA's blessing, our team developed the technology to recover many of these images. This research tool was part of the design phase of our parent project, Avaneya — our upcoming libre cerebral science fiction game for the GNU operating system set on Mars, described in the words of Richard Stallman as an exciting, pioneering project.
Originally an internal research tool, overwhelming public interest compelled us to release the technology on this DVD for all. Now everyone can relive the original breathtaking experience that captured the world's attention and marked the first successful moment in history that humanity saw Mars — not as a distant, impersonal, celestial body, beheld through a telescope for centuries, but as a tangible and alien world well within its reach.
- GNOME Water Temperature Applet
- The GNOME Water Temperature Applet displays water temperatures of rivers, lakes and oceans in your GNOME panel.
- GeoTIFF Viewer
- GeoTIFF Viewer is a simple viewer for GeoTIFF files, which are georeferenced raster images, typically used for maps.
- Gstat is a computer program for geostatistical modelling, prediction and simulation in one, two, or three dimensions. Gstat uses gnuplot (a program for plotting functions) to display sample variograms and variogram functions. The program has a flexible command language. Spatial prediction options range from simple kriging to universal cokriging.
- This program is intended to make working with the Generic Mapping Tools (GMT) easier. iGMT provides a graphical user interface for GMT and is written in the Tcl/Tk computer language. Besides supplying a user friendly way of handling GMT, iGMT comes with built-in support for many different geoscientific data sets, such as topography, gravity, seafloor age, hypocenter catalogs, plate boundary files, hotspot lists, CMT solutions etc. 'iGMT' is used at numerous institutions worldwide for mapping tasks and teaching GMT.
- Marble offers different kind of beautiful and useful map views of the Earth including OpenStreetMap. It can also search for place names and suggest routes.
- PrimaGIS is a collaborative Web mapping application for Plone that is built on top of MapServer, Python Cartographic Library (PCL), and Cartographic Objects for Zope (ZCO). In addition to supporting traditional spatial data sources (e.g. shapefiles, PostGIS databases, raster images, and WMS/WFS services), it allows users to combine data from a content management system (Plone) within the maps.
- This package provides an object-oriented interface to the Comedi drivers. The standard Python interface bundled with Comedilib is a simple SWIG clone of the C interface. In pycomedi, we convert the functions into class methods (see
pycomedi.classes), so you don't have to worry about dragging around opaque types like
comedi_t *device pointers. We also bundle related constants together in
pycomedi.constants), to make handling common operations like flag manipulations simpler. Finally, there are a number of utility classes (see
pycomedi.utility) to make common tasks like creating instructions or reading hardware-timed analog input easier.
- Seismic Toolkit
- 'Seismic Toolkit' processes and displays seismic signal data in a GUI. It reads seismic signals in SAC format, and provides user operations such as zooming, filtering, spectral analysis, polarisation analysis, time-frequency representation, Hilbert transform, and singular value decomposition.