Broaden your selection: Category/Security
- 'Averist' adds an authentication layer to any CGI application written in Perl. It supports initial authentication through CGI (form), and it can use CGI (hidden form fields) or cookies for reauthentication after a configurable timeout. It can also use a DBM file, a flat file database, or an SQL database for storing session tickets for increased security. The username and password check at the initial authentication can be done via a DBM file, an LDAP directory, a NIS database, the passwd database, a passwd-style file, or an SQL database.
- The 'cgipaf' package includes three CGI programs: passwd.cgi, which users update their password; viewmailcfg.cgi, which lets users view their current mail configuration; and mailcfg.cgi, which updates the mail configuration. All programs use PAM for user authentication. Users can run a script to update SAMBA passwords or NIS configuration when a password is changed. mailcfg.cgi creates a .procmailrc in the user's home directory. A user with too many invalid logins can be locked. The minimum and maximum UID can be set in the configuration file, so you can specify the range of UIDs that can use cgipaf.
- 'checkpassword-pam' is an implementation of a PAM- based checkpassword-compatible authentication program, but is more modern and administrator-friendly.
- Cjdns implements an encrypted IPv6 network using public key cryptography for address allocation and a distributed hash table for routing. This provides near zero-configuration networking without many of the security and robustness issues that regular IPv4 and IPv6 networks have.
Hyperboria is the largest cjdns network, with hundreds of active nodes around the world.
- 'ksfv' (Check SFV) creates simple file verification (.sfv) listings and tests existing .sfv files. It uses the crc32 checksum.
- DataStatix is a free software for GNU/Linux and Windows useful to manage data of every kind (although it has been written to manage biomedical data), to create descriptive statistics and graphs and to export items easily to R environment or to other statistic softwares. In order to handle properly big amount of data and many concurrent users, DataStatix works with MySql database and it has been developed and tested with MySql community edition 5.5. Some features of the software are: users management (create, delete, modify password) within the software; different users levels of data access (administrator, default, read only); user defined templates (models) of data, to create new databases easily; importation and esportation of data in CSV format (used also by Calc and Excel); updating of existing data from a CSV file created with DataStatix; descriptive statistics from every data (some more kind of statistics to come); graphs from every data.
- Mail encryption and signing extension using the GNU Privacy Guard.
- GNU SASL
- GNU SASL is a library that implements the IETF Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL) framework and some SASL mechanisms. SASL is used in network servers (e.g. IMAP, SMTP, etc.) to authentication peers, and can also integrity and privacy. This project was formerly know as 'libgsasl.'
- GSkey is used to generate MD5 sums needed to authenticate with some proxy servers. It works like a known S/key generator, and uses GTK2 as the GUI.
- 'genpass' generates decent random passwords as per user's requirements. Users can pass options specifying the total length, and type and minimum number of characters they want in their password.