Broaden your selection: Category/Software-development
- An IDE for the Arduino microcontroller. Arduino is a free software electronics prototyping platform based on flexible, easy-to-use hardware and software. It's intended for artists, designers, hobbyists, and anyone interested in creating interactive objects or environments.
This IDE allows for program writing, code verfication, compiling, and uploading to the Arduino development board. Libraries and example code will also be installed.
- 'AsmEdit' is an editor and IDE written in assembler. It includes source highlighting and support for external helper programs for compiling and debugging. It contains word processing features such as paragraphing and spelling in a binary of less than 20,000 bytes.
- Artistic Style is a fast and small reindenter and reformatter of C, C++ and Java source codes. Using a series of filters, astyle takes code written in one editor and automatically reindents and reformats the source code files to eliminate unneeded spaces and tabs and standardize the look of the code.
- Atom is a text editor based on Web technologies, specifically the Chromium project. Atom has a modular design that is integrated around a minimal core, which makes it very flexible and extensible.
Warning: by default, Atom will send “anonymous” usage data to Google Analytics (operating system, Atom version, screen resolution, …). To change this, go to Preferences, search for the Metrics package and disable it.
- bas55 is an editor, byte code compiler and interpreter for the Minimal BASIC programming language, as defined by the ECMA-55 standard.
- Bless is a fast and customizable hex editor written in GTK#. It efficiently handles very large files and supports multiple undo-redo actions. There are also plans for the addition of a Lua-based scripting language for binary file manipulation.
- DVC for Emacs
- DVC is a common Emacs front-end for a number of distributed version control systems. It currently supports GNU Arch, Bazaar, git, Mercurial, and Monotone. Support for Darcs is being worked on but still lacks some features.
- Diakonos is a customizable, usable, console-based text editor. It features arbitrary language scripting, bookmarking, regular expression searching, parsed ("smart") indentation, macro recording and playback, a multi-element clipboard, multi-level undo, a customizable status line, completely customizable keyboard mapping, and customizable syntax highlighting.
- 'Easymacs' is an easy-to-learn configuration for new users of GNU Emacs. It sets up key bindings that conform to a common denominator of the Gnome/KDE/OS human interface guidelines, and provides function-key bindings for other powerful Emacs features. It is fully documented, and the new user can productively edit text right away, without going through the Emacs tutorial. Users can access many commonly-used functions without learning the "chords" or multiple keystrokes that Emacs uses by default.
- Extraordinarily powerful text editor with additional features including content sensitive major modes, complete online documentation, highly extensible through Lisp, support for many languages and their scripts through its multilingual extension, and a large number of other extensions available either separately or with the GNU Emacs distribution.
Runs on many different operating systems regardless of machine. It offers true Lisp, smoothly integrated into the editor, for writing extensions and provides an interface to the X windows system.