Broaden your selection: Category/Software-development
- An IDE for the Arduino microcontroller. Arduino is a free software electronics prototyping platform based on flexible, easy-to-use hardware and software. It's intended for artists, designers, hobbyists, and anyone interested in creating interactive objects or environments.
This IDE allows for program writing, code verfication, compiling, and uploading to the Arduino development board. Libraries and example code will also be installed.
- 'AsmEdit' is an editor and IDE written in assembler. It includes source highlighting and support for external helper programs for compiling and debugging. It contains word processing features such as paragraphing and spelling in a binary of less than 20,000 bytes.
- Artistic Style is a fast and small reindenter and reformatter of C, C++ and Java source codes. Using a series of filters, astyle takes code written in one editor and automatically reindents and reformats the source code files to eliminate unneeded spaces and tabs and standardize the look of the code.
- Atom is a text editor based on Web technologies, specifically the Chromium project. Atom has a modular design that is integrated around a minimal core, which makes it very flexible and extensible.
Warning: by default, Atom will send “anonymous” usage data to Google Analytics (operating system, Atom version, screen resolution, …). To change this, go to Preferences, search for the Metrics package and disable it.
- bas55 is an editor, byte code compiler and interpreter for the Minimal BASIC programming language, as defined by the ECMA-55 standard.
- Beremiz is an integrated development environment for machine automation. It is Free Software, conforming to IEC-61131 among other standards.
It relies on open standards to be independent of the targeted device, and let you turn any processor into a PLC. Beremiz includes tools to create HMI, and to connect your PLC programs to existing supervisions, databases, or fieldbuses.
- Bless is a fast and customizable hex editor written in GTK#. It efficiently handles very large files and supports multiple undo-redo actions. There are also plans for the addition of a Lua-based scripting language for binary file manipulation.
- Bluefish is a powerful editor targeted towards programmers and webdevelopers, with many options to write websites, scripts and programming code. Bluefish supports many programming and markup languages.
- Cobol-mode is an Emacs mode for editing COBOL code. It features syntax highlighting for most modern COBOL dialects, indentation, code skeletons, rulers and basic formatting functions. It works with both fixed and free source format code.
- DVC for Emacs
- DVC is a common Emacs front-end for a number of distributed version control systems. It currently supports GNU Arch, Bazaar, git, Mercurial, and Monotone. Support for Darcs is being worked on but still lacks some features.