Broaden your selection: Category/System-administration
- This Webmin module facilitates Afick remote administration. It lets administrators to consult history and archives logs, change the Afick configuration, and run Afick.
- The Berkeley Automounter, Amd, maintains a cache of mounted file systems, and lets users dynamically control which file system to mount with selectors. Selectors, which may be combined, allow decisions of the form "hostname is this," or "architecture is not that." Amd also supports numerous file system types, including NFS, UFS and the novel program file system. The combination of selectors and multiple file system types means that identical configuration files can be used on all machines. Amd will not hang if a remote server goes down, and can determine when a remote server has become inaccessible and mount replacement file systems when they become available.
- arkOS is a lightweight Linux-based operating system, initially targeted to run on a Raspberry Pi, intended to make self-hosting server software as easy as possible. It has different components that interact to achieve these ends, chief among them an integrated application called Genesis which graphically manages the server and its components. With Genesis, users can easily add/remove server software, manage websites, change system settings and more from a reliable visual interface that's easy to use. arkOS puts a focus on user's experience, requiring no command line experience to run well. In the future, users will also be able to host their email accounts, chat accounts, and social networking profiles from an arkOS server just as easily.
- Cedar Backup
- 'Cedar Backup' supports backups of files on local and remote hosts to CD-R or CD-RW media over a secure network connection. It also includes extensions that understand how to back up MySQL databases and Subversion repositories, and can be easily extended to support other data sources. It is focused around weekly backups to a single disc, with the expectation that the disc will be changed or overwritten at the beginning of each week. With appropriate hardware, Cedar Backup can also write multisession discs.
- Conc is a serial console concentrator package. It features remote maintenance of systems over IP, and concurrent connections to consoles. It can pool serial lines on multiple machines into one system, which lets you manage a virtually unlimited number of consoles- ideal for large server farms, clusters or off-site server rooms.
- 'Conserver' provides remote access to serial port consoles and logs all data to a central host. It supports both local and network serial connections, and can replay the server console history from the console app even if the server is down. Multiple users can connect to a single serial connection.
- Delta Reporting
- CFEngine promises and classes are stored in a central database and made available for advanced searches and reports via the command line and a modern Web interface.
- The 'diligence' shell (dish) lets you execute commands on several hosts. By using expect to automate interactive remote logins via ssh, rsh or telnet, dish executes commands, sequentially or simultaneously, on all specified hosts. It is a powerful system administration tool for a group (cluster) of heterogeneous hosts allowing remote control from a single point of management. 'dish' is very flexible, and has similar functionality to IBM's dsh (distributed shell) as well as the ability to remotely execute commands which require authentication - ie in case of password change, scp inside ssh, password-protected smbfs mount, su shell, etc.
- 'fallback-reboot' is a last resort, when you need to remotely reboot a computer. It maximizes its ability to get the job done by completely avoiding touching the hard disk; it does not opens any files, it does not fork or exec, and it locks itself into memory to avoid swapping/paging. It includes optional cryptography.
- 'fget' is a tool for mirroring remote files via FTP. It was designed as an analog to the GNU wget utility. The fget package includes an FTP client library, so that others can make use of FTP from within their own C programs.