Broaden your selection: Category/Use
- Calibre is an e-book manager that can view, convert, edit and catalog e-books in all of the major e-book formats.
It's a complete e-library solution that includes library management, e-book format conversion, newsfeed to e-book conversion, integrated e-book viewer, and synchronization with e-reader devices.
- Candela is a simple shell-building system that uses python and curses to help developers create customized command line interfaces. It has a simple interface, is well documented, and allows developers to take command-based tools to the next level of complexity and usability.
Commands are 100% python and can run aribtrary code Commands can run code in secondary threads for asynchronous operation Customizable tab completion hooks for command arguments Customizable key event callbacks for reacting to each keypress event Responsive layout for smaller terminals Numerous built-in command templates Simple command syntax and help system "stickers" allow persistent information display Automatically generated command validation Up/Down arrows cycle through history Copy/Paste, insert text mode Easy transitions between menus Supports both named and positional command arguments
- Push the "ClickGuard" button to disable mouse/touch action on the current tab!
Push again to restore the original state.
Desktopd ClickGuard protects you from unintentionally interacting with Web pages.
Support for non-Firefox applications is quite experimental (due to Add-on SDK's problems).
- Fbi IMproved
- FIM is a lightweight universal image viewer, mostly for Linux (but not only). FIM aims to be a highly customizable and scriptable image viewer for users who are comfortable with software like the VIM text editor or the Mutt mail user agent. It has been developed with Linux in mind, but can be built to run on several Unix systems or even on MS-Windows.
- The Aardvark bookmarklet can be used to remove and modify elements of a web page interactively. This can be used just to read the page in a more comfortable setting or for printing just the selected elements. Also might come handy for web developers. There is also a bookmarklet version available from the homepage.
For now anyway, the Firefox extension is retired. The bookmarklet does everything that it did, and more.
- Kurso de Esperanto
- Kurso de Esperanto is a multimedia computer program for teaching yourself Esperanto.
- Program to publish litterature works online. It needs a webserver with CGI support. The books are stored as plain textfiles following some rules, but still being readable as such.
- Liferea (Linux Feed Reader) is a news reader for the desktop. It supports Atom and RSS feeds, as well as RDF, Echo and PIE. It also supports CDF channels and OCS directories. It also offers browser integration with GNU IceCat (and other Mozilla-based browsers) and GNOME Web.
- Midnight Commander (a.k.a. MC) is a command-line file manager laid out in a common two-pane format. In addition to standard file management tasks such as copying and moving, Midnight Commander also supports viewing the contents of RPM package files and other archives and managing files on other computers via FTP or FISH. It also includes a powerful text editor for opening text files. Emacs-like key bindings are used in all widgets.
- Miniflux is a web-based RSS reader.
Unlike other news reader, this project is minimalist, that means there is no fancy features. Moreover, the page layout is optimized for readability and Miniflux remove automatically Ads and pixel trackers. The installation procedure is super simple, just copy and paste the source code and your are done, there is no configuration or database setup.