Broaden your selection: Category/Use
- Aardvark can be used to remove and modify elements of a web page interactively. This can be used just to read the page in a more comfortable setting or for printing just the selected elements. Also might come handy for web developers. There is also a bookmarklet version available from the homepage.
- It is free and cross-platform in design. calibre is meant to be a complete e-library solution and thus includes library management, format conversion, news feeds to ebook conversion, as well as e-book reader sync features and an integrated e-book viewer.
- Candela is a simple shell-building system that uses python and curses to help developers create customized command line interfaces. It has a simple interface, is well documented, and allows developers to take command-based tools to the next level of complexity and usability.
Commands are 100% python and can run aribtrary code Commands can run code in secondary threads for asynchronous operation Customizable tab completion hooks for command arguments Customizable key event callbacks for reacting to each keypress event Responsive layout for smaller terminals Numerous built-in command templates Simple command syntax and help system "stickers" allow persistent information display Automatically generated command validation Up/Down arrows cycle through history Copy/Paste, insert text mode Easy transitions between menus Supports both named and positional command arguments
- Liferea (Linux Feed Reader) is a news reader for the desktop. It supports Atom and RSS feeds, as well as RDF, Echo and PIE. It also supports CDF channels and OCS directories. It also offers browser integration with GNU IceCat (and other Mozilla-based browsers) and GNOME Web.
- Miniflux is a web-based RSS reader.
Unlike other news reader, this project is minimalist, that means there is no fancy features. Moreover, the page layout is optimized for readability and Miniflux remove automatically Ads and pixel trackers. The installation procedure is super simple, just copy and paste the source code and your are done, there is no configuration or database setup.
- Management system for libraries and and documentation centers.
- OCR can be used to e.g. scan books and turn them into text, which is more flexible and smaller in terms of file size.