Broaden your selection:
- 'Q' DVD-Author
- 'Q' DVD-Author is a GUI frontent for dvdauthor and related tools. The goal is to provide an easy-to-use, yet powerful and complete interface to generate DVD menus, slideshows, and videos to burn on a DVD under GNU/Linux.
- Automates most tasks on video and audio streaming.
Besides being a free/libre software, its goals are:
- Move past command-line based streaming, by automating things.
- Provide audio/video feedback for the volunteer at the station to monitor the streaming.
Its current features include:
- Behave slightly differently according to user actions or loss of the feed.
- GTK+ graphical user interface.
- Ease to switch between testing mode -- for testing the audio and video chain without broadcasting -- to stream mode, which broadcasts the feeds.
- In the event of main camera source failure, ABYSS changes the pipeline to fetch the video source from a backup USB webcam and then starts broadcasting again.
- Each stream is actually recorded locally in three forms to allow easy post-processing: audio-only, raw-video, and audio-video.
ABYSS was previously know as Libre-Streamer.
- ANDREW's Not a DVD Ripping and Encoding Wizard
- ANDREW's Not a DVD Ripping and Encoding Wizard, but a command-line interface that simplifies the use of some applications to create AVI, Matroska, MP4 or OGM files from DVDs.
- Airs is a tool that can periodically check for new TV episodes online on a few of the popular Web sites. It will present to you if and when there are new episodes available. It supports lifetime management for the downloaded episode information where you can track which episodes you've already seen, which you are still retrieving, and which ones you still have to find.
- aviManager helps you manage your (large) movie (DVD, DivX) collection. It ships with an intelligent voting system for many users, and attempts to find the best movie to watch. There is also a nice IMdb grabber for fast movie adding.
- 'Avidemux' is a graphical tool to edit video. It can open AVI, MPEG, Nuppelvideo and BMPs. Most common codecs are supported (M-JPEG, MPEG, DivX, Xvid, huffyuv, WMA, etc.) thanks to libavcodec. Video can be edited, cut, appended, filtered (resize/crop/denoise), and re-encoded to either AVI (DivX/Xvid) or MPEG 1/2.
- besssugo is a free computational tool specifically designed to aid a cognizant expert—i.e. you, whether an engineer, scientist, technician, geek, etc—to build videos showing the result of a certain scientific calculation or whatever data can be computed or storied in a digital computer. Technically speaking, it is a plugin for the computational tool wasora, which provides means to parse and understand a high-level plain-text input file containing algebraic expressions, data for function interpolation, differential equations and output instructions amongst other facilities. Therefore, any mathematical computation which can be done by wasora—i.e. solving systems of differential-algebraic equations, multidimensional interpolation of scattered data, numerical integration and differentiation, etc.—can be combined with the facilities that besssugo provides to create visual representations in the form of animations.
- Blender is an integrated 3D suite for modelling, animation, rendering, post-production, interactive creation and playback (games).
Blender has its own particular user interface, which is implemented entirely in OpenGL and designed with speed in mind. Python bindings are available for scripting; import/export features for popular file formats like 3D Studio and Wavefront Obj are implemented as scripts by the community. Stills, animations, models for games or other third party engines and interactive content in the form of a standalone binary and/or a web plug-in are common products of Blender use.
- 'camE' is a Webcam grabber for video4linux devices. It is based on the xawtv webcam app, but extended to use imlib2 for applying antialised, blended truetype fonts to the image before upload. A large number of new options have been added including scp support (in addition to ftp), image archiving, and much more. It runs as a daemon and needs no X connection to operate.
- Camserv is an extremely modular program for streaming video from your GNU/Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, and BSDi machine to Web clients. Filters can be added for text on the displayed window and for anything else one wants to add. It's also very portable because of the modularity of the camera plugin modules, and includes a relay agent which allows the stream to be run more easily on low-bandwidth connections, masqueraded machines, and less-powerful machines. The relay agent can be connected to another relay agent for endless mirroring and paths.