Broaden your selection: Category/Video
- Atraci is an application that allows users to stream music from a selection of over 60 million songs.
It searches iTunes, Last.fm and SoundCloud to display song results, finds the best match for the song on YouTube and streams the highest quality video available.
- aviManager helps you manage your (large) movie (DVD, DivX) collection. It ships with an intelligent voting system for many users, and attempts to find the best movie to watch. There is also a nice IMdb grabber for fast movie adding.
- 'camE' is a Webcam grabber for video4linux devices. It is based on the xawtv webcam app, but extended to use imlib2 for applying antialised, blended truetype fonts to the image before upload. A large number of new options have been added including scp support (in addition to ftp), image archiving, and much more. It runs as a daemon and needs no X connection to operate.
- Camserv is an extremely modular program for streaming video from your GNU/Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, and BSDi machine to Web clients. Filters can be added for text on the displayed window and for anything else one wants to add. It's also very portable because of the modularity of the camera plugin modules, and includes a relay agent which allows the stream to be run more easily on low-bandwidth connections, masqueraded machines, and less-powerful machines. The relay agent can be connected to another relay agent for endless mirroring and paths.
- Camsource is a modularized and multithreaded daemon for grabbing image frames from a video4linux device. It uses a simple yet powerful plugin system, which allows it to use the same grabbed images for multiple purposes at the same time. It features image filter plugins, which can be daisychained in the XML config file to modify the image before passing them to other plugins. Included plugins provide compatibility with camserv (multipart jpeg streams) and webcam_server, a local snapshot file writing module, and an FTP upload module, as well as basic image filtering (resizing, flipping, and rotating).
- Christine lets you play your audio and video files in the same application. In a very very easy way. As christine is inteded to be small, and cute we currently had no support for internet radio station, but we will in the future.
- clive is a video extraction tool for user-uploaded video hosts such as Youtube, Google Video, Dailymotion, Guba and Metacafe. It can be chained with 3rd party tools for subsequent video re-encoding and playing and playing.
- Drip is a DVD to divx conversion frontend and backend application set. The frontend is GNOME based, and the backend encoding engine is a textmode only tool. Using the GUI just makes it all easier, and adds some logic, like automatic filenaming and subpicture detection. No user interaction is needed during runtime.
- 'exrtools' is a set of simple utilities for manipulating with high dynamic range images in OpenEXR format, a high dynamic-range (HDR) image file format developed by Industrial Light & Magic for use in computer imaging applications. The package currently includes the following tools: exrblur, exrchr, exricamtm, exrnlm, exrnormalize, exrpptm, exrstats, exrtopng, jpegtoexr, pngtoexr, ppmtoexr 'exrtools' was developed to help experiment with batch processing of HDR images for tone mapping. Each application is small and reasonably self-contained so that the source code may be of most value to others. It currently only works with RGBA OpenEXR files, and the code assumes that the EXR files and PNG files all use sRGB primaries and gamma function. Fixing this is not very difficult, and the code to fix allows for some interesting possibilities.
- FFmpeg is a complete solution to record, convert and stream audio and video.
Its components include:
- ffmpeg – Converts one video file format to another and supports grabbing and encoding in real time from a TV card.
- ffserver – HTTP (RTSP is being developed) multimedia streaming server for live broadcasts that supports time shifting.
- ffplay – simple media player based on SDL and the ffmpeg libraries
- ffprobe – a media file prober
- libavcodec – library containing all FFmpeg audio/video encoders and decoders (most developed from scratch for best performances and high reusability)
- libavfilter – video and audio filtering library
- libavformat – library of parsers and generators for all common audio/video formats
- libavutil – utility library containing functions used by all FFmpeg components
- libswscale – video scaler and pixel format converter
- libswresample – audio resampler and sample format converter
- libpostproc – video post-processing library