Broaden your selection: Category/Web-authoring
- Coriander is a full-featured GUI for IIDC compliant, IEEE1394 Digital Cameras. It features SDL display, FTP image posting, file saving, and Real streaming. It is not for consumer grade DV cameras. Coriander also has several extras: live display, image/video saving, FTP posting and V4L export. This V4L export, which uses the vloopback module, allows you to directly use coriander as a video source for V4L programs.
- Curator generates Web page image galleries for displaying photographic images on the Web, or for a CD-ROM presentation and archiving. It generates static Web pages only, so no special configuration or running scripts are required on the server. The script supports many file formats, hierarchical directories, thumbnail generation and update, per-image description file with many fields, and 'tracks' of images spanning multiple directories.
- 'Danpei' is a Gtk+ based Image Viewer. You can look through your image files in thumbnail form, and can rename,cut and paste them easily. The program supports drag and drop, printing of images, and viewing/editing images through applications like ImageMagick or the GIMP.
- Developer's Image Library
- Developer's Image Library (DevIL) is a cross-platform image library utilizing a simple syntax to load, save, convert, manipulate, filter, and display a variety of images with ease.
- DjVu is a Web-centric format and software platform for distributing documents and images. DjVu content downloads and displays faster than competing formats. DjVu images can be smoothly zoomed and panned. DjVuLibre is a free and open source implementation of DjVu, including viewers, browser plugins, decoders, simple encoders, and utilities.
- 'dmi' is a Web photo album/image gallery written in PHP. It is different from other similar scripts in that it requires little to no setup time: just drop it in a directory containing image and/or video files, and adjust permissions. It also makes thumbnails of MPEG movies as animated GIF files. 'dmi' also provides upload functionality, but currently there is no authentication required.
- 'Exifprobe' examines and reports the contents and structure of JPEG and TIFF image files. It recognizes all standard JPEG markers and reports the contents of any properly structured TIFF IFD encountered, even when entry tags are not recognized. It expands TIFF and TIFF/EP tags, including EXIF2.2 sections and camera MakerNotes found in TIFF IFD format. It recognizes GPS and GeoTIFF tags and prints them in "raw" form, but does not expand them. Location, size, and format of image data is reported. A list of camera makes and models from which images were used for testing in available at http://www.monroe.net/~dhh/exifprobe.d/CAMERA_makes_and_models. It can also be used to examine corrupted images.
- 'exiftags' parses a JPEG file looking for Exif (Exchangeable Image File) data, formatting, and printing image properties. Digital cameras typically add Exif data to the image files they produce containing information about the camera and digitized image. exiftags includes support for some camera manufacturer-specific properties. An included companion utility, exifcom, displays and writes the UserComment Exif tag that some cameras include in the image metadata they create. This program is useful for recording caption or location information in the image file itself.