Broaden your selection: Category/Web-authoring
- The Adaptive Website Framework (AWF) is a Web framework, CMS, Web portal, news system, online community, etc. It can simplify Web site creation and present content efficiently. It features design/content separation, multiple designs (themes), personalized page layout, a WYSIWYG editor, a package installer for adding new features with just one click, user/group-management, messaging/community modules, access protection of single pages or site sections, effective caching, easy to use API functions, export options for documents, the ability to integrate Unix shell scripts or embed PHP code, and support for nearly unlimited languages, documents, and users.
- Absolut Engine
- Absolut Engine is an advanced news publishing system. It features 3 layer access (admin/chief/editor), article posting, editing and deleting, an image managment tool, a file manager, and an articles manager. The built-in WYSIWYG editor lets users produce XHTML 1.0 Strict compliant code via rich text editing. User can extend the package via module functionality - any required addons/plugins (modules) can be created and added to the system. Modules currently included are Discussions, Surveys, RSS Feed, Search Engine Optimization, and a message system for better communication between users.
- 'Aquarium' is a Web site framework written in Python. It provides necessary toolkits, session management, and a convenient modular approach to build Web applications quickly. It offers convenient libraries and extensible APIs for tasks like session management and Web server integration (including CGI, mod_python, and FastCGI). It now includes its own small Python Web server, Glass, (based on the standard libraries) so users can get started quickly without having to figure out how to set up Apache. Aquarium is tightly integrated with Cheetah, and includes autocompilation of Cheetah templates. It is compact (a few thousand lines of code) and well documented.
- AROUNDMe is social networking and team interaction software.
This package has been decommissioned. This page is left here for posterity.
- A Content Management system to manage websites. Features: WYSIWYG Content, Smarty Templates, fine-grained object and feature permission based on user-groups, Workflows, multi-websites, multi-user, multi-language support; multiple contents per page ... many AddOns available.
- Bricolage is a full-featured, enterprise-class content management and publishing system. It offers a browser-based interface for ease-of use, a fully-fledged templating system with complete HTML::Mason, HTML::Template, PHP 5, and Template Toolkit support for flexibility, and many other features. It operates in an Apache/mod_perl environment and uses the PostgreSQL RDBMS for its repository.
- The entire site is stored in a single HTML-file - no database is needed. You edit your entire site with your favorite HTML-editor, upload the content file and get a dynamic website. The complete content management system is less than 100 KB. There is an integrated online WYSIWYG editor with link validation, image handling, online editing of system files and an automatic backup on logout. Over 30 language translations.
- 'Campsite' is a multilingual content management system (CMS) for news websites. Its user interface was built with the end user (journalist, editor, publisher) in mind, and it can be configured to suit different types of end users. Campsite follows the print-newspaper publishing paradigm, so it structures sites by default as Publications > Issues > Sections > Articles. Campsite works best for medium-to-large-size online news publications, but can also handle smaller sites.
- Campsite is a web publishing system designed to work in the same style of newspapers and magazines - for example, with multiple journalists, editor review, issue publishing, and subscription management. Some of its main features are:
- Journalist/user-friendly. The interface is made to be simple and require as few clicks as possible to get the job done.
- Multi-lingual content. This means you can publish your articles in multiple languages at once - for example, have the same article in English, French, and Spanish. All content in Campsite can be translated.
- Support for issue publishing, exclusive content for subscribers, multi-media content, content categories, subscriber comments, WYSIWYG editor, article locking (so only one journalist can work on an article at a time), and timed release of articles or issues.
- Subscription management with fine-grain control over what content your subscribers have access to.
- Total design freedom over the look and layout of your site. Campsite does not impose any sort of predefined "block" layout to the structure of your site.
- Caravel is a robust content management system designed for enterprise-level organizations. It is based upon OpenLDAP, and developed in PHP to work with PostgreSQL. It facilitates quick generation of template-driven Web sites, sharing of files, stylesheets, and layouts across organizations, and simple management of numerous Web sites. It features a Content Block Application system, which allows quick development and implementation of third-party modules and plug-ins.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.