Broaden your selection: Category/Web-authoring
- Library for XML processing in Python, designed to balance the native idioms of Python with the native character of XML.
- Apache AxKit
- Apache AxKit is an XML Application Server for Apache. It provides on-the-fly conversion from XML to any format, such as HTML, WAP or text using either W3C standard techniques, or flexible custom code. AxKit also uses a built-in Perl interpreter to provide some amazingly powerful techniques for XML transformation.
- Artanis is a web application framework written in Guile Scheme. It provides several tools for web development: database access, templating frameworks, session management, URL-remapping for RESTful, page caching, and more.
- Beautiful Soup
- Beautiful Soup is a Python HTML/XML parser designed for quick turnaround projects like screen-scraping. Three features make it powerful:
- 1. Beautiful Soup won't choke if you give it bad markup. It yields a parse tree that makes approximately as much sense as your original document. This is usually good enough to collect the data you need and run away.
- 2. Beautiful Soup provides a few simple methods and Pythonic idioms for navigating, searching, and modifying a parse tree: a toolkit for dissecting a document and extracting what you need. You don't have to create a custom parser for each application.
- 3. Beautiful Soup automatically converts incoming documents to Unicode and outgoing documents to UTF-8. You don't have to think about encodings, unless the document doesn't specify an encoding and Beautiful Soup can't autodetect one. Then you just have to specify the original encoding.
- Beautiful Soup parses anything you give it, and does the tree traversal stuff for you. You can tell it "Find all the links", or "Find all the links of class externalLink", or "Find all the links whose urls match "foo.com", or "Find the table heading that's got bold text, then give me that text." Valuable data that was once locked up in poorly-designed websites is now within your reach. Projects that would have taken hours take only minutes with Beautiful Soup.
- Conglomerate is a project to create a complete structured information authoring, management, archival, revision control and transformation system. It uses XML semantics and powerful graphical editing, coupled with a centralised storage model and a flexible transformation language to create an environment which is easy to use, produces high-quality structured output, and lets the user target several output media with a single source document.
- DuckDuckGo (non-JS Lite SSL)
- This extension adds DuckDuckGo (non-JS Lite version) to the search bar.
- DuckDuckGo (non-JS SSL)
- DuckDuckGo is the search engine that doesn't track you. This extension adds DuckDuckGo (non-JS HTML version) to the search bar.
- Element Tree
- The Element type is a simple but flexible container object, designed to store hierarchical data structures, such as simplified XML infosets, in memory. The element type can be described as a cross between a Python list and a Python dictionary. The ElementTree wrapper type adds code to load XML files as trees of Element objects, and save them back again. The Element type is available as a pure-Python implementation for Python 1.5.2 and later. A C implementation is also available, for use with CPython 2.1 and later. The core components of both libraries are also shipped with Python 2.5 and later.
- Entity is an application framework built around XML. Its core is an engine that lets users to create object oriented, event driven applications with XML trees. Users create tags in XML which can be used to represent any object. We have used this engine to create a set of tags for the GTK+ toolkit (among other things), allowing users to create graphical applications using XML, and an embedded scripting language.
- Free Software Directory search
- The Free Software Directory is a catalog of useful free software that runs under free operating systems. FSF staff and volunteers work together to collect detailed information about free software programs and organize it in a clear and accessible format.
This is a search plugin for the Free Software Directory.
A program is free software if the program's users have the four essential freedoms:
1) The freedom to run the program as you wish, for any purpose (freedom 0). 2) The freedom to study how the program works, and change it so it does your computing as you wish (freedom 1). Access to the source code is a precondition for this. 3) The freedom to redistribute copies so you can help your neighbor (freedom 2). 4) The freedom to distribute copies of your modified versions to others (freedom 3). By doing this you can give the whole community a chance to benefit from your changes. Access to the source code is a precondition for this.