Broaden your selection: Category/Works-with-format
- 'abcde' is a frontend to cdparanoia, wget, cd-discid, id3, and your favorite Ogg/MP3/Flac encoder (Oggenc is the default). With one comand, it grabs a CD, converts each track to Ogg/MP3/Flac, and comments or ID3-tags each file. It supports multiple output in a single CD read, volume normalization, gapless encoding (with Lame), parallelization, SMP, HTTP proxies, customizable filename organization and munging, playlist generation, and remote distributed encoding via distmp3.
- Agatha is a Web-based MP3 playing system that allows the home user or office group to stream music, create, manage, and share play lists, and control the playing of music on a remote system. It does not require a database and has full play-on-server support.
- Think of a radio station. Airtime is software that allows multiple people to run it over the internet. Airtime helps them manage the audio archive, upload files, create shows, manage staff, edit the programme calendar and cue playout. Designed specifically for independent media, it's free software.
- 'amaroK' is a cross-platform multimedia player that uses the Phonon sound server framework to play audio media and streams, and features a fresh and efficient approach to playlist handling. The emphasis is on the quick and easy user interface, allowing for fast access to the media library.
- Ampache is a Web-based Audio file manager. It is implemented with MySQL, and PHP. It allows you to view, edit, and play your audio files via the web. It has support for playlists, artist and album views, album art, random play, playback via Http/On the Fly Transcoding and Downsampling, Vote based playback, Mpd and Icecast, Integrated Flash Player, as well as per user themes and song play tracking. You can also Link multiple Ampache servers togeather using XML-RPC. Ampache supports GETTEXT translations and has a full translation of many languages
- Aqualung is an advanced music player originally targeted at the GNU/Linux operating system, today also running on FreeBSD, OpenBSD and other platforms. It plays audio CDs, internet radio streams and podcasts as well as soundfiles in just about any audio format and has the feature of inserting no gaps between adjacent tracks. It also supports high quality sample rate conversion between the file and the output device, when necessary.
- Audio Utils
- A collection of bash and perl scripts that help convert audio files.
- aac2ogg - a quick and dirty AAC to OGG Vorbis converter.
- wma2ogg - simple bash script that uses mplayer to convert ugly WMA files to OGG Vorbis.
- reencode - a simple bash script that lets you re-encode MP3 files to higher/lower bitrates. Useful when the resulting MP3 file is going to be on a low-memory device (ie. "MP3" players).
- Audio codec 2
- 'Audio codec' is part of the LAME project, which is the source code for a fully GPL'd MP3 encoder. The project's goal is to improve the psychoacoustics, noise shaping and speed of MP3.
- 'Biblos' is a powerful indexing tool for managing a cd/mp3 collection as well as local directories. It records full information about each file on the specified media and has a powerful searching tool that can help you find specific files. You can also select a list of files/dirs from the database and Biblos will help you copy them from the source media to the directory choosen.
- Bookcase is a collection manager for KDE. It includes default collections for books, bibliographies, comic books, videos, music, coins, stamps, trading cards, and wines; it also allows custom collections and unlimited user-defined fields. The collection may be sorted by any property. Names are formatted automatically. Filters limit the visible entries by definable criteria. User can edit the default XSLT file for full customization for printing. Automatic ISBN validation is included. 'bookcase' can import CSV, Bibtex, and Bibtexml and export CSV, HTML, Bibtex, Bibtexml, and PilotDB.