Broaden your selection: Category/Works-with-format
- Amarok is a cross-platform multimedia player that uses the Phonon sound server framework to play audio media and streams, and features a fresh and efficient approach to playlist handling. The emphasis is on the quick and easy user interface, allowing for fast access to the media library.
- Clementine is a multi-platform music player focusing on a fast and
easy-to-use interface for searching and playing your music.
Summary of included features :
- Search and play your local music library.
- Listen to internet radio from Last.fm, SomaFM and Magnatune.
- Tabbed playlists, import and export M3U, XSPF, PLS and ASX.
- Visualisations from projectM.
- Transcode music into MP3, Ogg Vorbis, Ogg Speex, FLAC or AAC
- Edit tags on MP3 and OGG files, organise your music.
- Download missing album cover art from Last.fm.
- Native desktop notifications using libnotify.
- Supports MPRIS, or remote control using the command-line.
- Remote control using a Wii Remote, MPRIS or the command-line.
- Copy music to your iPod, iPhone, MTP or mass-storage USB player.
- Queue manager.
It is largely a port of Amarok 1.4, with some features rewritten to take advantage of Qt4.
- DeaDBeeF (as in 0xDEADBEEF) is a graphical, yet lightweight audio player.
- Free Software command-line tools for audio playback, processing, and whatever else related to audio. dtas follows the worse-is-better philosophy and acts as duct tape to combine existing command-line tools for flexibility and ease-of-development. dtas is currently implemented in Ruby (and some embedded shell), but may use other languages in the future. Currently, primarily wraps sox commands but may also use ecasound (or any command-line driven audio processing tools).
- EasyTAG is an utility for viewing, editing, and writing tags for your MP3, MP2, Ogg Vorbis, and FLAC files using a nice simple GTK+ user interface. Features include (among others):
- view, edit, write MP3, MP2, FLAC and Ogg Vorbis tags
- can edit more tag fields : Title, Artist, Album, Disc Album, Year, Track Number, Genre, Comment, Composer, Original Artist/Performer, Copyright, URL and Encoder name
- auto tagging: parse filename and directory to automatically complete the fields (using masks)
- ability to rename files and directories from the tag (using masks) or by loading a text file
- process selected files of the selected directory
- ability to browse subdirectories
- recursion for tagging, removing, renaming, saving, etc.
- can set a field (artist, title, …) to all other selected files
- read file header information (bitrate, time, …) and display them
- auto completion of the date if a partial is entered
- undo and redo last changes
- can process fields of tag and file name (convert letters into uppercase, lowercase, ...)
- ability to open a directory or a file with an external program
- a tree based browser or a view by Artist & Album
- a list to select files
- a playlist generator window
- a file searching window
- simple and explicit interface
- optional Nautilus extension
- Brazilian Portuguese, Bulgarian, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Ukrainian translation languages
- FFmpeg is a complete solution to record, convert and stream audio and video.
Its components include:
- ffmpeg – Converts one video file format to another and supports grabbing and encoding in real time from a TV card.
- ffserver – HTTP (RTSP is being developed) multimedia streaming server for live broadcasts that supports time shifting.
- ffplay – simple media player based on SDL and the ffmpeg libraries
- ffprobe – a media file prober
- libavcodec – library containing all FFmpeg audio/video encoders and decoders (most developed from scratch for best performances and high reusability)
- libavfilter – video and audio filtering library
- libavformat – library of parsers and generators for all common audio/video formats
- libavutil – utility library containing functions used by all FFmpeg components
- libswscale – video scaler and pixel format converter
- libswresample – audio resampler and sample format converter
- libpostproc – video post-processing library
- Kid3 lets you easily and automatically tag MP3, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, MPC, MP4/AAC, MP2, Opus, Speex, TrueAudio, WavPack, WMA, WAV and AIFF files (e.g. full albums), while supporting both ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags.
- Libav is a complete, cross-platform solution to decode, encode, record, convert and stream audio and video.
This package contains the avplay multimedia player, the avserver streaming server, the avconv audio and video encoder, and the avprobe stream analyzer. They support most existing file formats (AVI, MPEG, OGG, Matroska, ASF...) and encoding formats (MPEG, DivX, MPEG4, AC3, DV...). Additionally, it contains the qt-faststart utility which rearranges Quicktime files to facilitate network streaming.
This package also serves as a replacement for the former 'ffmpeg' package.
- MediaCrush is a media sharing server and Web service. You can upload images, sound and videos in convenient ways.
Many free clients are available for it, as well as browser add-ons.
- Mumble is a voice chat program.
There are two modules in Mumble: the client (Mumble) and the server (Murmur). It provides encrypted, low-latency voice chat. Supports group conferences, for talking amongst friends: has a mute/deafen feature, also supports textchat. A suitable free software replacement for Google Hangout, Skype, Ventrillo, TeamSpeak and many more.