Broaden your selection: Category/Works-with-format
- CAM::PDF reads and writes any document that conforms to the PDF
specification generously provided by Adobe at
https://www.adobe.com/devnet/pdf/pdf_reference.html (link last
checked Feb 2013).
The file format through PDF 1.5 is well-supported, with the exception of the "linearized" or "optimized" output format, which this module can read but not write. Many specific aspects of the document model are not manipulable with this package (like fonts), but if the input document is correctly written, then this module will preserve the model integrity.
The PDF writing feature saves as PDF 1.4-compatible. That means that compressed object streams cannot be written. The consequence is that reading and then writing a PDF 1.5+ document may enlarge the resulting file by a fair margin.
- This module allows the creation of PDF files with Template Toolkit and PDF::Reuse within a Catalyst view.
- CUPS-PDF provides a PDF Writer backend to CUPS. This can be used
as a virtual printer in a paperless network or to perform testing
Documents are written to a configurable directory (by default to ~/PDF) or can be further manipulated by a post-processing command.
- Evince is a document viewer for multiple document formats like PDF, PostScript and many others. The goal of Evince is to replace the multiple document viewers that exist on the GNOME Desktop, like ggv, gpdf, and xpdf with a single simple application.
- Foodsoft is online software for a non-profit food coop. It features a product catalog, order cycle management, accounting, and tasks. A food cooperative is a group of people buying food from suppliers of their own choosing; a collective do-it-yourself supermarket. Members order their products online and collect them on a specified day, and all put in a bit of work to make that possible. Foodsoft facilitates the ordering and administration.
- Indexed PDF Creator
- Indexed PDF Creator creates indexed PDF documents from text files. It was primarily written as a utility to convert old mainframe print formats to something that can easily be posted on the Web. It allows indexing, customizing page settings, font size, font face, and superimposing text over an image in the case of using pre-printed forms. It supports unlimited levels of indexing bookmarks in documents and system/user configuration files
- MediaCrush is a media sharing server and Web service. You can upload images, sound and videos in convenient ways.
Many free clients are available for it, as well as browser add-ons.
- PDF Cube
- PDF Cube is an OpenGL PDF viewer that adds a compiz/Keynote-like spinning cube effect to your PDF presentations (including beamer and prosper ones). As a bonus, you can zoom on 5 predefined areas of any presentation page with a smooth zooming effect.
- PDF Editor
- Editor for manipulating PDF documents. GUI version + commandline interface. Scripting is used to a great extent in editor and almost anything can be scripted, it is possible to create own scripts or plugins.
- 'pdftk' is a simple, command line tool for doing everyday things with PDF documents. Use it to merge PDF documents, split PDF pages into a new document, decrypt input as necessary (password required), encrypt output as desired, fill PDF forms with FDF data and/or flatten forms, apply a background watermark, report on PDF metrics, update PDF metadata, attach files to PDF pages or the PDF document, unpack PDF attachments, burst a PDF document into single pages, decompress and re-compress page streams, and repair corrupted PDF files where possible.
We link to Debian description and sources of the package, since the upstream website recommends nonfree software for proprietary operating systems.