Broaden your selection: Category/Works-with-format
- Autotrace is a program which converts bitmap images to vector images. It can import images in BMP, TGA, PNM, PPM, PGM, PBM and those supported by ImageMagick, and can output Postscript, svg, xfig, swf, pstoedit, emf, dxf, cgm, mif, p2e and sk
- FFmpeg is a complete solution to record, convert and stream audio and video.
Its components include:
- ffmpeg – Converts one video file format to another and supports grabbing and encoding in real time from a TV card.
- ffserver – HTTP (RTSP is being developed) multimedia streaming server for live broadcasts that supports time shifting.
- ffplay – simple media player based on SDL and the ffmpeg libraries
- ffprobe – a media file prober
- libavcodec – library containing all FFmpeg audio/video encoders and decoders (most developed from scratch for best performances and high reusability)
- libavfilter – video and audio filtering library
- libavformat – library of parsers and generators for all common audio/video formats
- libavutil – utility library containing functions used by all FFmpeg components
- libswscale – video scaler and pixel format converter
- libswresample – audio resampler and sample format converter
- libpostproc – video post-processing library
- The GPL Flash library is a source code that lets users play Flash movies. At its core is a graphic renderer that is portable and can be re-used in applications that need to play Flash movies. This library comes with the following freely redistributable tools:
- A Netscape plugin (not compatible with all Flash versions).
- A standalone player. To quickly play movies without starting Netscape. Can play movies on root window (suitable for xscreensaver).
- A KDE screen saver. Lets you play sFlash movie as a KDE screen saver.
- GNU Gnash
- Gnash is a GNU Flash movie player. Flash is an animation file format pioneered by Macromedia which continues to be supported by their successor company, Adobe. Flash has been extended to include audio and video content, and programs written in ActionScript, an ECMAScript-compatible language. Gnash is based on GameSWF, and supports most SWF v7 features and some SWF v8 and v9. Features:
- Runs as a standalone application - Gnash can run standalone to play flash movies.
- Firefox plugin - Gnash can also run as a plugin from within Firefox.
- SWF v7 compliant - Gnash can play many current flash movies.
- XML Message server - Gnash also supports an XML based message system as is documented in the Flash Format specification.
- High Quality Output - Gnash uses OpenGL for rendering the graphics.
- Hachoir project- hachoir subfile
- hachoir-subfile is a tool based on hachoir-parser to find subfiles in any binary stream. It searches images, videos, SWF files, and all sub files in a drive.
- A wrapper around ming. Create swf files in ruby using ming.
- Linterna Mágica
- 'Ming' is a C library for generating SWF ("Flash") format movies, plus a set of wrappers for using the library from C++ and popular scripting languages like PHP, Perl, Python, and Ruby. The package also includes a command-line actionscript compiler.
- Shumway is an HTML5 technology experiment that explores building a faithful and efficient renderer for the SWF file format without native code assistance.
It is available as an extension for Mozilla-based browsers like GNU IceCat. It is still in heavy development.
- dvda-author is a command-line tool for creating DVD-Audio discs. DVD-Audio is a standard for storing uncompressed high quality stereo or multi-channel audio content on a standard DVD disc. Supported sampling frequencies range from 44.1KHz up to 192KHz, with sampling depths of 16, 20 or 24 bits. A single DVD can contain both DVD-Audio content (in the AUDIO_TS directory) and DVD-Video content (in the VIDEO_TS directory). Most DVD players only recognise and playback the VIDEO_TS content, but an increasing number of dual-format players can play the contents of the AUDIO_TS as well. Such players will display the DVD-Audio logo. A DVD-Audio disc may consist of up to 9 Groups, each containing up to 99 Tracks. In addition, the contents of the AUDIO_TS directory can contain references to objects in the VIDEO_TS directory. dvda-author supports authoring of DVD-Audio menus and slideshows.