Broaden your selection: Category/Works-with-format
- FFmpeg is a complete solution to record, convert and stream audio and video.
Its components include:
- ffmpeg – Converts one video file format to another and supports grabbing and encoding in real time from a TV card.
- ffserver – HTTP (RTSP is being developed) multimedia streaming server for live broadcasts that supports time shifting.
- ffplay – simple media player based on SDL and the ffmpeg libraries
- ffprobe – a media file prober
- libavcodec – library containing all FFmpeg audio/video encoders and decoders (most developed from scratch for best performances and high reusability)
- libavfilter – video and audio filtering library
- libavformat – library of parsers and generators for all common audio/video formats
- libavutil – utility library containing functions used by all FFmpeg components
- libswscale – video scaler and pixel format converter
- libswresample – audio resampler and sample format converter
- libpostproc – video post-processing library
- HandBrake is a graphical video converter.
- Title / Chapter selection
- Queue up multiple encodes
- Chapter Markers
- Subtitles (VobSub, Closed Captions CEA-608, SSA, SRT)
- Constant Quality or Average Bitrate Video Encoding
- Support for VFR, CFR and VFR
- Video Filters: Deinterlacing, Decomb, Detelecine, Deblock, Grayscale, Cropping and scaling
- Live Video Preview
- MediaCrush is a media sharing server and Web service. You can upload images, sound and videos in convenient ways.
Many free clients are available for it, as well as browser add-ons.
- Natron is a video compositing software, developed by the INRIA.
- Seafile provides the full facilities to replace proprietary cloud storage and file syncing solutions.
It offers the ability to self-host the server on your own hardware as well as make use of commercial services that host it for you. It offers a desktop client for all major operating systems.
Major features include:
- File syncing
- File version control
- Client side encryption
- Public share linking
- Group and Organisation collaboration
It can be used as a free software replacement for Dropbox, Spideroak, Wuala and similar proprietary programs and services.
- SimpleScreenRecorder is a graphical tool that lets you record videos, with or without sound, of your desktop, of your games… It can record in various formats, with different quality settings.
- Totem is the official movie player of the GNOME desktop environment based on xine-lib or GStreamer.
It features a playlist, a full-screen mode, seek and volume controls, as well as keyboard navigation. Features include:
- Play any xine or GStreamer supported file (depending on the backend chosen, defaults to xine)
- LIRC support
- Shoutcast, m3u, asx, SMIL and ra playlists support (also usable from a shipped LGPL library)
- DVD (with menus), VCD and Digital CD (with CDDB) playback, disc-type automatically detected
- TV-Out configuration with optional resolution switching
- 4.0, 4.1, 5.0, 5.1, stereo and AC3 Passthrough audio output
- Full-screen mode (move your mouse and you get nice controls) with Xinerama, dual-head and Viewport support
- Remote operation mode to control a running Totem
- Seek and Volume controls
- Aspect ratio changing, Scaling based on the video's original size
- Full keyboard control
- Playlist with Repeat and Shuffle modes, with saving feature and drag'n'drop reordering
- Gnome and Nautilus integration (Totem registers the file-types, adds a menu item, uses the proxy configuration, saves sessions, and registers pnm, mms, uvox and rtsp schemes, removes playlist items from a disc that's getting ejected)
- Video thumbnailer for the file manager
- Webcam utility (in development)
- Nautilus properties tab
- A Mozilla plugin
- Properties window (information about the current movie)
- Drag'n'drop and mousewheel actions
- Screenshot feature
- Brightness, Contrast, Hue and Saturation control
- Visualisation plugin when playing audio-only files
- Telestrator mode using Gromit
- Video thumbnailer
- Nautilus properties page
- Works on remote displays
- Optional GTK+-only build
- Automatic external subtitle load, or manual (only on the command-line, use like: totem file:///file.avi#subtitle:file.srt)
- DVD, VCD and OGG/OGM subtitles and languages support
- Dialog for more accurate seeking
- Authentication dialogs when location requires it
- Right-to-Left languages support
- UnTV is a DRM-free media center platform for home theater computers, allowing users to browse a large catalog of content available via BitTorrent and instantly stream that content, providing an experience similar to that of Netflix. UnTV is controllable via touchscreen devices on the same local network or the keyboard and exposes an API for developing extensions and plugins.
- UnPlug scans web pages and tells you where media players are getting their data from, and allows you to easily save the media file. UnPlug works for lots of sites including youtube.com, video.google.com, metacafe.com, vimeo.com, veoh.com and lots, lots more. UnPlug your Plug-Ins and view media however you want!