Broaden your selection: Category/Works-with-format
- Automates most tasks on video and audio streaming.
Besides being a free/libre software, its goals are:
- Move past command-line based streaming, by automating things.
- Provide audio/video feedback for the volunteer at the station to monitor the streaming.
Its current features include:
- Behave slightly differently according to user actions or loss of the feed.
- GTK+ graphical user interface.
- Ease to switch between testing mode -- for testing the audio and video chain without broadcasting -- to stream mode, which broadcasts the feeds.
- In the event of main camera source failure, ABYSS changes the pipeline to fetch the video source from a backup USB webcam and then starts broadcasting again.
- Each stream is actually recorded locally in three forms to allow easy post-processing: audio-only, raw-video, and audio-video.
ABYSS was previously know as Libre-Streamer.
- Free Software command-line tools for audio playback, processing, and whatever else related to audio. dtas follows the worse-is-better philosophy and acts as duct tape to combine existing command-line tools for flexibility and ease-of-development. dtas is currently implemented in Ruby (and some embedded shell), but may use other languages in the future. Currently, primarily wraps sox commands but may also use ecasound (or any command-line driven audio processing tools).
- FFmpeg is a complete solution to record, convert and stream audio and video.
Its components include:
- ffmpeg – Converts one video file format to another and supports grabbing and encoding in real time from a TV card.
- ffserver – HTTP (RTSP is being developed) multimedia streaming server for live broadcasts that supports time shifting.
- ffplay – simple media player based on SDL and the ffmpeg libraries
- ffprobe – a media file prober
- libavcodec – library containing all FFmpeg audio/video encoders and decoders (most developed from scratch for best performances and high reusability)
- libavfilter – video and audio filtering library
- libavformat – library of parsers and generators for all common audio/video formats
- libavutil – utility library containing functions used by all FFmpeg components
- libswscale – video scaler and pixel format converter
- libswresample – audio resampler and sample format converter
- libpostproc – video post-processing library
- HandBrake is a graphical video converter.
- Title / Chapter selection
- Queue up multiple encodes
- Chapter Markers
- Subtitles (VobSub, Closed Captions CEA-608, SSA, SRT)
- Constant Quality or Average Bitrate Video Encoding
- Support for VFR, CFR and VFR
- Video Filters: Deinterlacing, Decomb, Detelecine, Deblock, Grayscale, Cropping and scaling
- Live Video Preview
- UnPlug scans web pages and tells you where media players are getting their data from, and allows you to easily save the media file. UnPlug works for lots of sites including youtube.com, video.google.com, metacafe.com, vimeo.com, veoh.com and lots, lots more. UnPlug your Plug-Ins and view media however you want!
- IceCat/YouTube All HTML5
- With this addon you can play almost any video on YouTube and many videos on Vimeo as a HTML5 video. This includes videos with monetization enabled which normally don't play in the html5 player.
With standard settings, videos are automatically loaded in the HTML5 player.
- Select different methods to force the HTML5 player
- Change the size of the video player (manually or automatically)
- Disable Flash only on YouTube
- Disable the YouTube SPF function (active by default)
- Libav is a complete, cross-platform solution to decode, encode, record, convert and stream audio and video.
This package contains the avplay multimedia player, the avserver streaming server, the avconv audio and video encoder, and the avprobe stream analyzer. They support most existing file formats (AVI, MPEG, OGG, Matroska, ASF...) and encoding formats (MPEG, DivX, MPEG4, AC3, DV...). Additionally, it contains the qt-faststart utility which rearranges Quicktime files to facilitate network streaming.
This package also serves as a replacement for the former 'ffmpeg' package.
- MediaCrush is a media sharing server and Web service. You can upload images, sound and videos in convenient ways.
Many free clients are available for it, as well as browser add-ons.
- Natron is a video compositing software, developed by the INRIA.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.