Broaden your selection: Category/Works-with
- ADG: Automatic Drawing Generation
- The ADG library (Automatic Drawing Generation) is a set of functions focused on automating the drawing of mechanical parts. It is not a CAD system but a library providing a non-interactive canvas where you can put common CAD entities such as paths, xatches and quotes, to create your technical drawings. The final result can be displayed inside a GTK+ widget or exported to any cairo available format, such as PostScript and PDF documents or PNG and SVG images.
- Complete set of free CAD tools and portable libraries for VLSI design. It includes a VHDL compiler and simulator, logic synthesis tools, and automatic place and route tools. Advanced verification tools for functional abstraction and static timing analysis are part of the system. A complete set of portable CMOS libraries is provided, including a RAM generator, a ROM generator, and a data-path compiler.
- Archimedes is a free package for semiconductor device simulations. It is intended to assist engineers in designing and simulating submicron and mesoscopic semiconductor devices based on the Ensemble Monte Carlo method. It is able to handle a wide variety of materials and structures, which are described through simple scripts.
It is a 2D Monte Carlo simulator which can take into account all the relevant quantum effects by means of Bohm effective potential. The description of the device is very general and made by means of a simple script language, which makes GNU Archimedes a powerful tool for the simulation of quite general 2D semiconductor devices. Some very interesting results have been obtained and they will be put, as soon as possible, on the web page (some results are already available in the documentation).
- 'atlc' (Arbitrary Transmission Line Calculator) is a computer aided design (CAD) package for designing and analysing electrical transmission lines and directional couplers of totally arbitrary cross section, with an arbitrary number of different dielectrics.
The analysis programs in 'atlc' lets users find the electrical properties of a transmission line or coupler whose physical dimensions are known. The design programs lets users physically realise a transmission line or coupler with certain given electrical properties.
The package supports multiple CPUs, as some parts are CPU intensive. It is most likely to be useful to radio amateurs.
- BRL-CAD includes an interactive geometry editor, parallel ray-tracing support for rendering and geometric analysis, path-tracing for realistic image synthesis, network distributed framebuffer support, image-processing and signal-processing tools.
- Blender is an integrated 3D suite for modelling, animation, rendering, post-production, interactive creation and playback (games).
Blender has its own particular user interface, which is implemented entirely in OpenGL and designed with speed in mind. Python bindings are available for scripting; import/export features for popular file formats like 3D Studio and Wavefront Obj are implemented as scripts by the community. Stills, animations, models for games or other third party engines and interactive content in the form of a standalone binary and/or a web plug-in are common products of Blender use.
- 'Darwin2k' is a robotics design and simulation program. Its simulation capabilities support engineering design and controller prototyping for robotic application; for example, it includes detailed motor and gearhead performance models, and the ability to estimate stresses in structural elements during simulation. Darwin2K is *not* an end-user application. Most uses will require at least a little coding, usually to specify application-specific robot controllers and models, high-level task descriptions, or specialized simulation components. That being said, Darwin2K does include a range of general-purpose robot models, controllers, and simulation and analysis capabilities, useful in a wide range of robot design and programming applications, that eliminate most of the work in developing a task-specific simulation or optimized robot prototype. The system also includes a distributed evolutionary algorithm for automated synthesis and optimization.
- Electric is an electrical CAD system for designing a electrical circuits. A wide variety of file formats are supported and a range of functionality allows you to manage your products from initial design to simulation and analysis. The software is useful for displaying several different types of circuit designs, such as printed circuits or CMOS.
Electric handles custom IC layout (ASICs), schematic drawing, hardware description languages, and electro-mechanical hybrid layout. It includes the following CAD operations: design rule checking, simulation interface (8 options), PLA generation, compaction, compensation, routing (4 options), VHDL compilation, silicon compilation, and network consistency checking.
- Figura is a distributed CAD system for mechanical engineering. Written in CORBA/C++ and with help of OpenCascade Figura can run onto the most popular platform. The goal of the project is to give an alternative to the commercial 3D modeler and to promote the adoption of neutral and standard file format like STEP or IGES. The architecture of Figura is modular and give opportunity to other software to extend her fonctionality, for exemple a finite element tool can be added (see SALOME project).
- FreeCAD is an CAx RAD based on OpenCasCade, Qt and Python.
It features some key concepts like Macro recording, Workbenches, ability to run as a server and dynamically loadable Application extensions and it is designed to be platform independent.