Broaden your selection: Category/Works-with
- efax is a small simple fax system for single user systems. It is smaller and easier to install than HylaFAX or mgetty+sendfax. The ``fax command, a shell script, lets you send, receive, view and print faxes. In larger systems, faxes can be sent by printing to a ``fax printer and received faxes can be e-mailed as MIME attachments to an administrator for distribution. efax can also pass incoming data calls to a getty program. The efax package includes ``efix, a program to convert between various image file formats. To fax Postscript files you will need Ghostscript. To view faxes you can use any program that displays PGM files (e.g. xloadimage or xv). efix can also convert received files to Postscript or HP Laserjet formats for printing.
- Efax-gtk is a graphical frontend for the 'efax' fax program. It interfaces with efax directly, replacing the scripts supplied with 'efax.' It receives and sends faxes; you can also use it to view, print, and manage faxes that have already been received.
- 'fax4CUPS' acts as a CUPS backend for a serial fax modem. Essentially, you print with lpr and the fax is sent. The nice thing is that you have CUPS around, and this means, for instance, that you can check whether your fax has been sent just using your favorite browser (as you would do for any other printer), even if the fax modem is really on a remote server. It supports efax and HylaFAX. CUPS provides filters to automagically convert files in various formats, and backends to send the raw data to parallel ports, serial ports, sockets, USB devices, etc.
- Gfax is a pop-up fax application for GNOME. It suplies the familiar pop-up window when printing to a fax printer. Gfax currently works with Mgetty+Sendfax or Hylafax.
- The GNU HaliFAX project aims at writing a complete client applications suite for fax systems such as HylaFAX(tm), mgetty or efax. It will contain a fax sender agent (gfax), a fax viewer (ghfaxviewer), a transport library, an administrative frontend and a monitoring applets. Support for fax scanning and for OCR will be added in the future.
- HylaFAX is a telecommunication system for *nix systems. It sends and receives faxes and supports polled retrieval of faxes, transparent shared data use of the modem, and sending alpha-numeric pages. HylaFax has both client and server software. Fax modems may reside on a single machine on a network and clients can submit outbound jobs from any machine that can communicate with the machine on which the modems reside. An access control mechanism is included to control which users on which machines may access a server.
- The mgetty package contains an intelligent getty for allowing logins over a serial line (such as through a modem) and receiving incoming faxes. The companion program sendfax is used for sending faxes from the command line or from other applications. The third main component is vgetty/vm which can be used with a voice-capable modem to implement an answering machine, a voice menu system, and similar things.
- 'squirrelfax' receives and send faxes SquirrelFax. It can read PostScript and PDF files, print from openoffice.org, and read gnomecard and evolution addressbooks.