Broaden your selection: Category/Works-with
- AFT (Almost Free Text) is a document preparation system. It is mostly free form, meaning that there is little intrusive markup; AFT source documents look a lot like plain old ASCII text. It has a few rules for structuring your document, more to do with formatting your text than embedding lots of commands, and it produces all types of output (HTML, XHTML, LaTeX, roll-your-own XML, etc.). All that needs to be done is to edit a rule file. You can even customize your own rule files for specialized output
- AKFAvatar is a fancy graphical user interface for applications, where an avatar appears on the screen and tells things to the user via a speech bubble. There can also be recorded audio files, so that the user even can hear what it is saying. It can be used for infotainment systems.
With AKFAvatar you can easily write cross platform applications in Lua. Lua scripts don't even need to be compiled for the target platform. It has an interface for C programs. Furthermore there is a binding for Free Pascal.
- AbiWord is a full featured word processor. Current features include:
- basic character formatting
- paragraph alignment
- import of Word97 and RTF documents
- export to RTF, Text. HTML, and LaTeX formats
- interactive ruler and tabs
- unlimited undo/redo
- multiple column control
- widow/orphan control
- Actor platform
- The Actor platform allows you to run a server for clients running the free software Actor messaging and group chat app on their computers and other devices.
NB: Actor platform needs other modules in order to work, which is not covered by this entry.
- AdaDoc is a tool for Ada 95 developers. It creates an HTML file from a package specification for documentation purposes.
- Adie is a fast and convenient programming text editor written using the FOX Toolkit. It is also a convenient file viewer, supporting several methods to move from one file to the next. For each visited file, it remembers where you were last looking, and which special places have been bookmarked, so you can quickly return to frequently visited places. Users can optionally visit files with a single click by displaying the File/Directory browser side by side with the text.
- aenig4 emulates the Enigma M4 cipher machine used by the U-boot division of the German Navy during World War II. It can be used as well to emulate the Enigma I machine (M1, M2, M3).
- This is a candidate for deletion:
1. This is NOT free software. Reference:
'ale' (Another Linux Editor) is a small, fast text editor with very basic features. It is designed to edit or create config files or other text based files. It supports long line lengths (65535 characters), and the number of lines is limited only by the available memory. It has a basic text search function, goto line, and other basic editing functions. It is not intended to be an IDE or to parse regex expressions, but when you need speed and low overhead.
- Alterparagraphs is an ongoing effort for providing a family of paragraph implementations, each to be used as a replacement for the regular and only paragraph flowable inside the ReportLab package. The idea behind this collection of paragraphs is to provide simple implementations that can be more easily understood and extended than the monolithic paragraph implementation as implemented by ReportLab. Note that many of the paragraph classes in alterparagraphs are not finished in the sense that they are directly ready for production (this is especially true for the XMLParagraph, the development of which has barely started). You must test yourself if they are suitable for your purpose. In any case it should be much easier to tweak them to make them do what you need compared to the standard ReportLab implementation.
- Anolis is an HTML document post-processor that takes an input HTML file, adds section numbers, a table of contents, and cross-references, and writes the output to another file.