Extraordinarily powerful text editor with additional features including content sensitive major modes, complete online documentation, highly extensible through Lisp, support for many languages and their scripts through its multilingual extension, and a large number of other extensions available either separately or with the GNU Emacs distribution. Runs on many different operating systems regardless of machine. It offers true Lisp, smoothly integrated into the editor, for writing extensions and provides an interface to the X windows system.
- User manual included
- User tutorial included
- User FAQ available from http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/emacs-faq.text
- Printed user reference manual available from http://www.gnupress.org/ or 1-617-542-5942
- Printed developer Introduction to Emacs Lisp Programming manual available from http://www.gnupress.org/ or 1-617-542-5942
- Printed user Emacs Lisp reference manual available from http://www.gnupress.org/ or 1-617-542-5942
- Printed user reference card available from http://www.gnupress.org/
- Online manual available in HTML format from http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/
This is a GNU package:emacs
released on 10 March 2013
Extensions, plug-ins, or add-ons for this program
|MH-E||Emacs interface to the MH mail system||http://mh-e.sourceforge.net/|
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|GPLv3orlater||Kelly Hopkins||18 May 2010|
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
|Developer||VCS Repository Webview||http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 24 June 2012.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.