FFmpeg is a complete solution to record, convert and stream audio and video.
Its components include:
- ffmpeg – Converts one video file format to another and supports grabbing and encoding in real time from a TV card.
- ffserver – HTTP (RTSP is being developed) multimedia streaming server for live broadcasts that supports time shifting.
- ffplay – simple media player based on SDL and the ffmpeg libraries
- ffprobe – a media file prober
- libavcodec – library containing all FFmpeg audio/video encoders and decoders (most developed from scratch for best performances and high reusability)
- libavfilter – video and audio filtering library
- libavformat – library of parsers and generators for all common audio/video formats
- libavutil – utility library containing functions used by all FFmpeg components
- libswscale – video scaler and pixel format converter
- libswresample – audio resampler and sample format converter
- libpostproc – video post-processing library
- IRC general channel
- IRC development channel
released on 3 December 2014
- Runs-on:OS X
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|LGPLv2.1orlater||enyst||23 August 2014|
|GPLv2orlater||enyst||23 August 2014|
Optional parts of Ffmpeg are licensed GPLv2 or later, and they're activated when compiled with --enable-gpl option.
Leaders and contributors
|Carl Eugen Hoyos||Developer|
|Paul B. Mahol||Developer|
|Ronald S. Bultje||Developer|
|Fabrice Bellard||Original Author|
|Michael Niedermayer||Project Leader|
Resources and communication
|Developer||Mailing List Info/Archive||http://lists.ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-devel|
|Support||Mailing List Info/Archive||http://lists.ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 5 December 2014.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.