FFmpeg is a complete solution to record, convert and stream audio and video. Its components include:
- ffmpeg – Converts one video file format to another and supports grabbing and encoding in real time from a TV card.
- ffserver – HTTP (RTSP is being developed) multimedia streaming server for live broadcasts that supports time shifting.
- ffplay – simple media player based on SDL and the ffmpeg libraries
- ffprobe – a media file prober
- libavcodec – library containing all FFmpeg audio/video encoders and decoders (most developed from scratch for best performances and high reusability)
- libavfilter – video and audio filtering library
- libavformat – library of parsers and generators for all common audio/video formats
- libavutil – utility library containing functions used by all FFmpeg components
- libswscale – video scaler and pixel format converter
- libswresample – audio resampler and sample format converter
- libpostproc – video post-processing library
- IRC general channel
- IRC development channel
released on 31 July 2014
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|LGPLv2.1orlater||enyst||23 August 2014|
|GPLv2orlater||enyst||23 August 2014|
Optional parts of Ffmpeg are licensed GPLv2 or later, and they're activated when compiled with --enable-gpl option.
Leaders and contributors
|Paul B. Mahol||Developer|
|Ronald S. Bultje||Developer|
|Fabrice Bellard||Original Author|
|Michael Niedermayer||Project Leader|
|Carl Eugen Hoyos||Developer|
Resources and communication
|Developer||Mailing List Info/Archive||http://lists.ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-devel|
|Support||Mailing List Info/Archive||http://lists.ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 10 August 2014.