flwm is a window manager based on wm2. Primary features are:
- Nifty sideways titlebars.
- No icons. You deiconize by picking off a pop-up menu. This means no space is wasted by icons.
- The same pop-up menu controls multiple desktops and lets you launch programs.
- Occupies as little screen space as possible. The border and titles are as thin as they could possibly be. And maximized windows waste zero pixels vertically.
- Independent maximize buttons for width & height.
- Understands Motif, KDE, and Gnome window manager hints, and works with SGI programs that assume 4DWM.
- Really small and fast code.
DocumentationUser manpage included
released on 30 June 2006
- Small Window Manager
- Oroborus Window Manager
- Microscopic Window Manager
- Puto Amo
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|GPLv2orlater||Janet Casey||14 April 2003|
Leaders and contributors
|Nafees Bin Zafar||Contributor|
Resources and communication
|Developer||VCS Repository Webview||http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=591|
|Bug Tracking||VCS Repository Webview||http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=591&atid=100591|
|Required to use||fltk library (http://www.fltk.org/)|
|Required to build||fltk library (http://www.fltk.org/)|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 26 February 2017.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.