flwm is a window manager based on wm2. Primary features are:
- Nifty sideways titlebars.
- No icons. You deiconize by picking off a pop-up menu. This means no space is wasted by icons.
- The same pop-up menu controls multiple desktops and lets you launch programs.
- Occupies as little screen space as possible. The border and titles are as thin as they could possibly be. And maximized windows waste zero pixels vertically.
- Independent maximize buttons for width & height.
- Understands Motif, KDE, and Gnome window manager hints, and works with SGI programs that assume 4DWM.
- Really small and fast code.
DocumentationUser manpage included
released on 14 April 2001
- Small Window Manager
- Oroborus Window Manager
- Microscopic Window Manager
- Puto Amo
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|GPLv2orlater||Janet Casey||14 April 2003|
Leaders and contributors
|Nafees Bin Zafar||Contributor|
Resources and communication
|Developer||VCS Repository Webview||http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=591|
|Bug Tracking||VCS Repository Webview||http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=591&atid=100591|
|Required to use||fltk library (http://www.fltk.org/)|
|Required to build||fltk library (http://www.fltk.org/)|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 14 April 2003.