FreeIPMI provides in-band and out-of-band IPMI software based on the IPMI v1.5/2.0 specification. The software has been written with a number of useful features for large HPC and cluster environments. Its components include:
- Libfreeipmi - A C library that includes KCS, SSIF, and OpenIPMI drivers, IPMI 1.5 and IPMI 2.0 LAN communication interfaces, IPMI packet building utilities, IPMI command utilities, and utilities for reading/interpreting/managing IPMI.
- Bmc-info - A tool to read information about the local BMC such as version information and device support.
- Bmc-config - A tool to configure usernames, passwords, networking information, security, and other relevant IPMI configuration fields.
- Bmc-watchdog - A tool/daemon to manage a BMC Watchdog. This tool is typically used for system timeout management and automatic system restarts in the event of a system crash.
- Ipmi-chassis - A tool to manage/monitor a chassis, such as chassis power, identification, and status.
- Ipmi-fru - A tool to read field replaceable unit (FRU) information from a motherboard/machine.
- Ipmi-sel - A tool to read and manage IPMI System Event Log (SEL) records.
- Ipmi-sensors - A tool to read IPMI sensor readings and sensor data repository (SDR) information.
- Ipmipower - A tool for remote power control.
- Ipmiconsole/Libipmiconsole - A tool and library for Serial-over-Lan (SOL) console access.
- Ipmi-raw - A tool that provides hex input/output of IPMI commands.
- Ipmi-locate - A tool that can probe for information about the location of a BMC device, such as device addresses.
- Ipmimonitoring/Libipmimonitoring - A tool and library for used for sensor interpretation/monitoring. The tool is similar to ipmi-sensors, but sensor readings are mapped into Nominal, Warning, and Critical states.
- Pef-config - A tool to configure IPMI Platform Event Filtering (PEF) configuration.
- Ipmiping - An IPMI ping tool for debugging.
- Rmcpping - A RMCP ping tool for debugging.
- Ipmidetect/Ipmidetectd/libipmidetect - A tool, daemon, and library for IPMI node detection.
DocumentationDocumentation available at https://www.gnu.org/software/freeipmi/documentation.html.
This is a GNU package:freeipmi
released on 29 October 2014
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|GPLv3orlater||mtjm||29 September 2010|
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
|Bug Tracking||VCS Repository Webview||http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=freeipmi|
|Developer||VCS Repository Webview||http://svn.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/?root=freeipmi|
|Required to use||libgcrypt-devel|
|Required to use||Guile|
|Required to use||readline library|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 8 November 2014.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.