Free Software Directory:Bugs
Bugs and suggestions
- Featured projects
- Category browsing
- Set up RT for bug tracking and tiket making
- need to create "Category:Review-triaged" once RT has been set up.
- need to implement mass-emails about email verification, and directions for changing preferences.
- Turn off 1,000 character limit for strings
- Turn off error/warnings in SMW
- List of categories on Main_Page is too long
- fix the program tagging, so all programs are included in the main page redesign.
For pages in Category:Review, we should have a link to create the relevant page (such as Review:xprog -> xprog) with Form:Entry if it doesn't already exist. We would need to use regular expressions to cut of the "-REV-ID-1" stuff. (or we could just set the proper pagename value as a property when Form:Submit is called.)
- Rename the "Editor" property to "Editing", etc. (because the "Use" property is its parent, and its related value is "Editing", not "Editor". There are multiple instances of this dual naming.)
- Verify that '-'s have replaced spaces in all properties and their values.
- Make sure that program names submitted through Form:Submit don't have leading or trailing spaces.
FSS subscribe box points to the wrong place (should point to <https://crm.fsf.org/civicrm/profile?reset=1&gid=31">, not lists.fsf.org.
- We should be able to easily browse to all categories from an entry
- Fix link at bottom of page that links to "Free Software Directory:Copyrights" (in Style files)
- home page of every GNU package (yes, really) to be listed as <http://www.gnu.org/software/PKGNAME>
- conditional statements should be created for various properties (e.g., "Audio:mp3" should result in "works-with::Audio" being set on a page automatically).
- Create Form Edit tab for appropriate users.
- delete Audio, etc. (cf. Property:Property_name)
- this page has a broken title: 2532_Gigs
- Mark priority projects
- Fix links to licenses
Export all entries in XML format.
- Create cron job to do this
- Create cron job to update CSV output page of GNU all projects
- We can use the autoedit links for things like allow admins to do things like confirm that they have reviewed an entry or as a way for "voting-up" etc. Or any number of things. See autoedit section at bottom of Semantic Forms page.
proprietary program search
When a person searches for a proprietary program, a list of free software replacements for that program should appear in the search results, *however*, the proprietary program and its name should not appear anywhere on the wiki. To achieve this functionality, we may want to use the Enhanced Retrieval extension.
When doing license verification, we need to ensure two things:
- More than one person checks a license
- We have a system in place for training volunteers (via some sort of mentorship) on how to properly check a project's license.
Point system and mentoring
Some ideas we have discussed is that we might have some sort of scoring system, so that more experienced individuals who check a license have more "points" than people less experienced. Let's say we have three tiers: level-1, level-2, level-3; with level-1 being the most experienced. A check by a level-1 person might be worth 15 points, a level-2 might be worth 10 points, and a check by a level-3 person might be worth 5 points. It might be that a license is properly "checked" if it has a score of at least 25 points. To coordinate this work we might consider using an extension such as Semantic Tasks.
But, more important than the point system is ensuring that level-3 individuals are not only verified by level-1 individuals, but, that some 1-on-1 guidance and help/mentoring is provided to level-3 individuals from level-1 individuals.