Free Software Directory:Features
These are ideas for where the directory can be improved. If you'd like to help, get in touch! We can point you in the right direction so you can start adding to the directory.
- Featured Programs
- Installation instructions for free distros of GNU/Linux.
- RSS feeds of developer blogs for each program in the directory
- Sample Projects for many of the directory items, including screenshots, howtos, scripts, config files, etc., and a zip file containing the project file(s) that were used with the relevant program(s).
- We should have properties related to religion and the bible. I just approved a project (BibleTime) that needs them.
- Right now, we have programming languages listed both in the properties and as separate fields in the entry. We probably should only list them in properties, and remove them from the entry form once all entries have been updated appropriately.
- We should have a way for projects to display their logos.
Join the mailing list or hang out on IRC #fsf on freenode.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.