Free Software Directory:Features
These are ideas for where the directory can be improved. If you'd like to help, get in touch! We can point you in the right direction so you can start adding to the directory.
- Trisquel Database Import
- Featured Programs
- Main Page Redesign
- Installation instructions for free distros of GNU/Linux.
- RSS feeds of developer blogs for each program in the directory
- Sample Projects for many of the directory items, including screenshots, howtos, scripts, config files, etc., and a zip file containing the project file(s) that were used with the relevant program(s).
- Favorites / "I use this" button
- We should have properties related to religion and the bible. I just approved a project (BibleTime) that needs them.
- Right now, we have programming languages listed both in the properties and as separate fields in the entry. We probably should only list them in properties, and remove them from the entry form once all entries have been updated appropriately.
- We should have a way for projects to display their logos.
- Internationalization of the Directory -- translations of entries.
Join the mailing list or hang out on IRC #fsf on freenode.