Free Software Directory:Features
- Debian/Trisquel import tool
- Improvements to Form:Entry
- Have each page be a nicely formatted printable flyer.
- Promote FSD Collections
- See FSD:Features/Properties for new fields/properties that have been proposed.
Below are ideas for how we can improve the FSD in other ways. If you'd like to help, get in touch! We can point you in the right direction so you can start adding to the directory.
- Installation instructions for free distros of GNU/Linux.
- RSS feeds of developer blogs for each program in the directory
- Sample Projects for many of the directory items, including screenshots, howtos, scripts, config files, etc., and a zip file containing the project file(s) that were used with the relevant program(s).
- Favorites / "I use this" button
- Internationalization of the Directory -- translations of entries.
- Brief description (one short sentence) in the list of categories (or make a separate list if needed)
- Fix the Entry templates so that instead of querying semantic values it uses the Template values. We can store the template values as arrays or other data structures we already have available to us.
Places to discuss ideas
Join the mailing list or hang out on IRC #fsf on freenode.