Difference between revisions of "Free Software Directory:Features/Featured projects"
(added info about participation)
m (removed table of contents)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
== The Premise ==
== The Premise ==
Revision as of 17:10, 23 September 2011
The idea is to feature program(s) about once a month within the directory, and to display a history of recently featured programs on the main page. The initial source of programs will come from the GNU Spotlight in the FSF Supporter publication.
- There will need to be a "Featured" section under the "Query or Browse" section that lists a few of the most recently featured items.
- There can be a short "featured programs" section at the top of the search results if there are any matches.
- We should make a bold "This program was featured Sept 2011." string for previously featured programs on their info page.
- Have a "featured" page that lists all of the featured program history.
- We can make a "featured" icon in browse mode next to each featured program's name.
Create Property:Featured property (date format)
- Add parameter to form
- Add parameter to Template:Entry Template (task only for User:jgay.)
Developing the feature
Right now, someone is needed to work on this. If you are interested, get in touch with sudoman or jgay on IRC (irc.freenode.net).
After the feature has been developed
An active volunteer may be chosen to update the program information each month, and then to add the "featured" tag (with the date) to each featured program's page. If updating the program information for each page turns out to be time-consuming, then that volunteer can delegate some of the work involved in that process. If a dependable volunteer agrees to do the job on a regular basis, then they may do so.