Difference between revisions of "Free Software Directory:Features/Featured projects"
(→Developing the feature: added links to talk pages)
m (added link to general features)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
== The Premise ==
== The Premise ==
Revision as of 16:42, 23 September 2011
This is one of the proposed features to this site.
The idea is to feature program(s) about once a month within the directory, and to display a history of recently featured programs on the main page. The initial source of programs will come from the GNU Spotlight in the FSF Supporter publication.
- There will need to be a "Featured" section under the "Query or Browse" section that lists a few of the most recently featured items.
- There can be a short "featured programs" section at the top of the search results if there are any matches.
- We should make a bold "This program was featured Sept 2011." string for previously featured programs on their info page.
- Have a "featured" page that lists all of the featured program history.
- We can make a "featured" icon in browse mode next to each featured program's name.
Create Property:Featured property (date format)
- Add parameter to form
- Add parameter to Template:Entry Template (task only for User:jgay.)
Developing the feature
After the feature has been developed
An active volunteer may be chosen to update the program information each month, and then to add the "featured" tag (with the date) to each featured program's page. If updating the program information for each page turns out to be time-consuming, then that volunteer can delegate some of the work involved in that process. If a dependable volunteer agrees to do the job on a regular basis, then they may do so.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.